Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 3050 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,363 Posts
Got the Monkey invited to represent the track at Brock Yates' "One Lap of America" tomorrow.
I'll be working the event instead of participating, but will see what happens at my bucket list series. ... Kinda of like "Drag Week," but for road courses.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did my first spark plug change (thanks to @FreedomPenguin for the plugs and guidance) & only broke one thing, so I’ll call that a success. While the engine cover was off, decided to paint it to brighten up the engine bay a bit. Good day working on the car.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Learned this morning that I have to be careful with that e30 on wet roads ha. Slowed down behind a left turning uhaul truck at a green light in 3rd gear. He turned. The light turned yellow. Instinctively, I pulled into 2nd and hammered it. Roasted those 325's all the way through the light. Never would have happened with the stock tune ha.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Learned this morning that I have to be careful with that e30 on wet roads ha. Slowed down behind a left turning uhaul truck at a green light in 3rd gear. He turned. The light turned yellow. Instinctively, I pulled into 2nd and hammered it. Roasted those 325's all the way through the light. Never would have happened with the stock tune ha.
I'd like to switch to E30! Who did your tuning?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I'd like to switch to E30! Who did your tuning?
Torrie at Unleashed. I have a 93 tune and e30. I only ran the 93 tune for a week or two before switching to e30. I haven't sent any logs or done any revisions yet. Honestly, it was pretty good out of the box, so to speak. I'll probably send him a couple logs here though soon to make sure everything looks good.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
845 Posts
Yesterday, had the scheduled logbook 45,000Km service done (27,960 miles).
Only had 5,000Kms to go on the front pads and rotors, so got them replaced as well, while at the dealership. :)

View attachment 39956
Pads AND rotors @45k?

Ford told me the same didn't start to hit the squel bar until 95k and when I inspected the rotors there was plenty of meat left. Infact all but one pad on the inside right was pretty good tbh so I have no idea where they got the "its only got 5k left sir from at the 45k service or the $915 they wanted to charge me to fit them. I got the pads ofd Amazon delivered for $65 and fitted them myself.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I didn't do anything to it but I was informed that the new steering rack is installed and it just needs to be aligned. Hopefully I'll get her back tomorrow and I'll be satisfied with it. If so, brake upgrade is waiting.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I didn't do anything to it (again) but I was informed that the new steering rack they installed couldn't be programmed to the car (defective?) They have to get another one. Heh.
Clown world

·
Registered
751 Posts
I didn't do anything to it (again) but I was informed that the new steering rack they installed couldn't be programmed to the car (defective?) They have to get another one. Heh.
Clown world
It's not just Mustang/Ford; it's stealership-wide. Check out this from the Cummins forum I frequent: "My name is Alana from ** Dodge and we received an inquiry regarding the replacement of the CCV filter on your 2017 Diesel pickup. Depending on the mileage it may need the whole EGR system cleaned out (generally around 67,500 miles) at the same time as replacing the filter. If it needs the whole cleanout you are looking at $1200.00 plus tax and we would need the vehicle overnight to let the EGR components soak in a recirculating solution to clean them properly. If it just needs the filter replaced you are looking about $300.00." That age of diesel no longer requires egr cleaning. 'Says so right in the owner's manual. As for the CCV filter, I bought an OEM for $55, and it took all of 15 minutes to change the first time. The sad part is how they rape the people that don't have the ability/time to do their own service work. Vultures!

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
845 Posts
Got this little gem off Ali express for $15

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got a few parts installed this week at Carbon Autohaus (Sydney) after purchases from various suppliers Exotic Pony Mods (phone charge pad and steering wheel), Autoware (Carbon Fibre rear panel) and MyStand Mods (Blind Spot kit). Very happy with the quality and service of all involved.
Image.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed Ford Performance hood struts on my 2018 ... but it appears that the end of the strut is rubbing on the underside of the hood. Is this normal? I rubbed some chalk on the strut to confirm. See the pics. Overall I’m happy with them, despite the rubbing (maybe I’ll put a piece of electrical tape there to protect the paint..,)

Reactions: Woodchuck

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I will have to look tomorrow to see if my redlines hit, you can possibly adjust your hood some on the front, turn the bump stops a click or two, raise it, recheck chalk. I personally raised my stops to max, to prevent from contacting my radiator extension plastic pieces, looks good on my car, nothing out of ordinary.

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
138 Posts
I installed Ford Performance hood struts on my 2018 ... but it appears that the end of the strut is rubbing on the underside of the hood. Is this normal? I rubbed some chalk on the strut to confirm. See the pics. Overall I’m happy with them, despite the rubbing (maybe I’ll put a piece of electrical tape there to protect the paint..,)
View attachment 40028
View attachment 40029
View attachment 40030
That was the first mod I did on my 2020 HPP and yes they rub a bit on both sides. Will also pinch off your windshield wiper line if you don't move it over off the upper clip which looks like you already did.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the same ones on my 2018 and they don't rub.
I followed the directions to the T (even to rerouting the washer fluid line). I wonder what you did differently. Or maybe your hood bumpers/bump stops (thanks @FreedomPenguin for that tip!) came “high” from the factory?

Reactions: steve.amestoyjr

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I followed the directions to the T (even to rerouting the washer fluid line). I wonder what you did differently. Or maybe your hood bumpers/bump stops (thanks @FreedomPenguin for that tip!) came “high” from the factory?
I honestly dont remember, I just turned them a couple times because my radiator extensions was touching a hair, I didn't notice any visual differences from low setting to high setting really, maybe millimeter or two higher, but look at our car, there's imperfections at body lines anyway. Lol. no more rubbing, atleast if there is a spot, bare minimum. id try it, just twist the 2 large hood bump stops all way up, close hood few times, if its not hitting, lower them a little, til it hits, but keep in mind, our cars vibrate, so if it isn't hitting, and its so close, that our cars do vibrate, hit bumps etc, metal / hood flexes, if its super close, it could bump it from shock.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got a few parts installed this week at Carbon Autohaus (Sydney) after purchases from various suppliers Exotic Pony Mods (phone charge pad and steering wheel), Autoware (Carbon Fibre rear panel) and MyStand Mods (Blind Spot kit). Very happy with the quality and service of all involved. View attachment 40024
That's interesting, I didn't realize that the starter button is moved over on RHD Mustangs. I assumed that part of the center stack was left the same.

And your rear view mirror is very different from what we have here in the US.

3001 - 3020 of 3050 Posts