Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3106 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Called the bank for a payoff amount. Got a couple very decent online offers for it, and I'm considering selling it. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, but I stand to make a decent chunk of change on it, and I don't really "need" another vehicle right now. I haven't driven it much this year, to be honest. I love this car, and I'm sure I'll miss it, but it's time for a different project anyway. The little ones are growing, and the back seat is getting less accommodating, as well. I'm sure I'll pick something up here in the future to play with if I go through with the sale.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm at 42 days without my ride. I'm catching up, Stroker.
Yay.
Yes you did. Tomorrow makes my 44th with more to come fixing the body damage they did. Called me today to tell me they "isolated the leak to where the shifter connects to the transmission" said somehow the gasket got pushed down. 🤔 could it be from the multiple times they pulled my transmission out and put it back in damaging stuff each time? Oh well just more i can use if ford makes me goto state arbitration.

But tbh this is a contest that sucks for either of us to win!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Dealer called. Said the seal on shifter to transmission "somehow" got pushed in had to pull transmission out again to fix it. 😒

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well, I sure feel for you two. I was without mine for over four months, but that was only because of the CoVid parts shortage. @Strokercrate, I hope the dealer follows through for you.
Thanks, i do too. Ford Customer Service called yesterday to gather more info on my request for replacement next he was calling the dealer. Said next week sometime they would call me back with the decision on if its covered under my states lemon law and if they will or if i will need to go through my states arbitration.

·
Registered
2017 Ecoboost Mustang with Performance Package
16 Posts
I installed the Ford Performance hood strut kit. Really simple. Took about half an hour. Working good so far.

I was surprised when I got the car that it just had a prop rod given how heavy the hood is. Prop rod on my 86, OK. On the Mustang, not so much. :p

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
177 Posts
I installed the Ford Performance hood strut kit. Really simple. Took about half an hour. Working good so far.

I was surprised when I got the car that it just had a prop rod given how heavy the hood is. Prop rod on my 86, OK. On the Mustang, not so much. :p
Did you relocate the windshield wiper fluid line? Also, check and make sure this part of the bracket isn't hitting under your hood. Mine rubbed some of the paint off.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about the bracket. I'll check that tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
Preps for Time Trials nationals at NCM Bowling Green ...

A warm up event here at home. Supposed to rain tomorrow, so I figured to use the well tested in the rain, Bridgestones...

As always I had the "safety Steward" watching over my work!

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
873 Posts
Got a carbon effect GT500 replica spoiler. $250 delivered from Ali

·
Registered
388 Posts
Got it back Thursday after having a new turbo installed. FP High-Performance Turbo upgrade. The stock turbo had a failed seal.

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
177 Posts
It was an eventful Saturday.

Threw on some RTR fender badges.
Installed CVF catted DP and J style o2 sensor spacer.
Loaded up Stage3 91 cobb OTS tune.

Didn't want the stock fender badges to go to waste so I threw one on the engine cover with some extreme high temp tape.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
I thought that DP looked familiar. I have the same one. A FP badge on the front of the engine cover, polished strut tower brace, too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Made an Umbrella holder for the trunk, using an old camera lens pouch.
(Well, its winter down here in the land of Oz, and lots of wild wet weather) :)
Attached it to the removable bolt fastener that is used for the optional trunk net, and used Velcro strips at the bottom.
Saved a few dollars instead of buying the genuine Ford Umbrella holder.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Replaced the low pressure fuel sensor this morning. Figured it couldn't hurt.

Now I have to get the UPR catch can installed.

3081 - 3100 of 3106 Posts