Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
3101 - 3120 of 3169 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sold it. I loved it, but it's time for something new. I need a different toy to play with ha. I would have kept it, but the resale offer was just too good. Sold it online to givemethevin.com. I had to drive it 3 hours south to Pittsburgh to drop it off, then I hopped a flight back home. Super simple process all in all. I haven't decided what I'm going to next, but it will be of the sports car / muscle car variety, for sure. With lack of dealer stock right now, looks like I'll have some time to research. Thank you all for you help and hospitality the last couple years. I've truly enjoyed this site, the people, and the builds. I'll stick around as long as you'll have me, regardless of what I'm driving next.

Reactions: LightningBlue17

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sold it. I loved it, but it's time for something new. I need a different toy to play with ha. I would have kept it, but the resale offer was just too good. Sold it online to givemethevin.com. I had to drive it 3 hours south to Pittsburgh to drop it off, then I hopped a flight back home. Super simple process all in all. I haven't decided what I'm going to next, but it will be of the sports car / muscle car variety, for sure. With lack of dealer stock right now, looks like I'll have some time to research. Thank you all for you help and hospitality the last couple years. I've truly enjoyed this site, the people, and the builds. I'll stick around as long as you'll have me, regardless of what I'm driving next.
View attachment 40296
I'm shocked! I've been following your journey, so I'm bummed to see it end. Did you sell it with all accessories, bolt-ons, etc...?

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Decided to remove the sound insulating hood liner today.
There is definitely more turbo and engine noise in the cabin after doing this. :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'm shocked! I've been following your journey, so I'm bummed to see it end. Did you sell it with all accessories, bolt-ons, etc...?
I did. I didn't really have the time, patience, or all the stock parts to put it back. And they didn't bat an eye with all the mods, which surprised me. I would have had to scour the internet for someone to buy it the way it was, so I took it. All in all, I loved the car, just was ready for a change. The kids are growing, as kids do, and the back seat is lacking for my family. My jeep already fills my needs for a toy for now. I'll probably be looking for a 4 door sedan of some sort. But nothing boring of course! My minivan days have not arrived yet ha.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
940 Posts
Fitted smoked led sequential wing mirror indicators. The wing mirror is a absolute pig to take apart and even more if a pig to put back together.

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
68 Posts
How long/how many miles on that? It looks like a lot of moisture in there with the oil.
SO I bought it 2018 the car is 2015 and it has 14xxx something miles on it, once I bought it, it was the first think I did cause no Bueno oil in the intake. so since I bought it 4 years later open it. keep in mind a thousand miles a year. I don't drive in the rain, I only drive Fridays or Saturdays to work and back. sometimes other days but not so much and I just upgraded it last year and that's the result. so if I drove more yes it be more and less moisture but since it sits for a while specially winter in my garage it will obtain moisture one way or another.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Fresh set of NGK LTR7BHX plugs. Haven't decided if I want to go to a tune due to the high-output turbo, but it'll be ready if I do.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
940 Posts
Fresh set of NGK LTR7BHX plugs. Haven't decided if I want to go to a tune due to the high-output turbo, but it'll be ready if I do.
What do you mean "High output turbo" if you have an upgraded turbo then it really needs a tune. If you have a stock turbo and FBO it also would benefit from a custom tune..OTS vs Custom tunes are day v night. Plus with a life time tune option available you can have health checks done between seasons. if your phase one 2015 to 2018 you can have map slots activated to select on the fly map changes to suit environment and driving styles.

Reactions: B2B

·
Registered
429 Posts
I received 2/3 of the Steeda 'Stop the Hop' Starter Kit last week (subframe support braces are on backorder), as well as their polyurethane vertical links. I got bored today and installed the vertical links. The job went splendidly! Pretty easy, really. Took it for a spin and it seemed I was able to put the power down with a little more assurance.

I have Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs due to arrive this week, so I plan to install them and the STH IRS Subframe Alignment Kit and Bushing Support System all at once, maybe next weekend.

·
Registered
272 Posts
SO I bought it 2018 the car is 2015 and it has 14xxx something miles on it, once I bought it, it was the first think I did cause no Bueno oil in the intake. so since I bought it 4 years later open it. keep in mind a thousand miles a year. I don't drive in the rain, I only drive Fridays or Saturdays to work and back. sometimes other days but not so much and I just upgraded it last year and that's the result. so if I drove more yes it be more and less moisture but since it sits for a while specially winter in my garage it will obtain moisture one way or another.
I just emptied mine this week, and it was very similar to yours. It is my DD, but since I have been working from home it gets out once every week or so. After 6 months, I had maybe 2 tablespoons of milky looking oil in the can.

Reactions: B2B

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
68 Posts
I just emptied mine this week, and it was very similar to yours. It is my DD, but since I have been working from home it gets out once every week or so. After 6 months, I had maybe 2 tablespoons of milky looking oil in the can.
That was my first time opening mines and I was like dang it actually works, last year I didn't drive it much do to construction on my house so I had it most of all year on trickel charger and then this year I had to install driveshaft and cat back exhaust so I decided to open it and I am glad I did

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Bought the Dupli-Color Red Caliper paint kit today.
Brush on paint, self levelling, no need to mask up everything while caliper is on the car.
Simples. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,454 Posts
Not many can say they enjoy their "job." It was a good day when the kid that supposed to work called in and I got the gig. Flagging and observation for the back half of the track. Got to have a good view of the monkey as well.

Here's my "office."

Had a bunch of the new C8s running yesterday

·
Registered
397 Posts
So.... Although they approved it a while back now i have yet to hear a word from them and my email haven't been responded too nor calls answered. Georgia's Attorneys General put paper work in mail today for me to fill out for them to get involved 😩

3101 - 3120 of 3169 Posts