Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
3121 - 3140 of 3169 Posts

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
68 Posts
So.... Although they approved it a while back now i have yet to hear a word from them and my email haven't been responded too nor calls answered. Georgia's Attorneys General put paper work in mail today for me to fill out for them to get involved 😩
Dang.. so quick to do a sale and take money but so slow to fix the problems. Wish you the best

·
Registered
399 Posts
What do you mean "High output turbo" if you have an upgraded turbo then it really needs a tune. If you have a stock turbo and FBO it also would benefit from a custom tune..OTS vs Custom tunes are day v night. Plus with a life time tune option available you can have health checks done between seasons. if your phase one 2015 to 2018 you can have map slots activated to select on the fly map changes to suit environment and driving styles.
It's the Ford Performance turbo. Cobb recommends a custom tune. CJPonyParts says it needs one to "protect" the motor. What spooks me the most is a third-gear run from 3,000 rpm to redline for a base-line and subsequent adjustments. If it's so tender, how will it survive multiple runs to redline with the new turbo? I suspect redline in 3rd will require a deserted stretch of road. That puts me a long way from home in case of Eco-Boom

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
281 Posts
It's the Ford Performance turbo. Cobb recommends a custom tune. CJPonyParts says it needs one to "protect" the motor. What spooks me the most is a third-gear run from 3,000 rpm to redline for a base-line and subsequent adjustments. If it's so tender, how will it survive multiple runs to redline with the new turbo? I suspect redline in 3rd will require a deserted stretch of road. That puts me a long way from home in case of Eco-Boom
When you order a pro tune you will also fill out a mod list. They will send you a baseline tune for those mods including the bigger FP turbo which would be a mod in your case. The 3k to redline pulls will then allow them to fine tune the tune for you.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
It'll be August before I have time to go through the process. That wouldn't seem the best environment to establish a base-line ("air you can wear" in Florida). Or is it the best time?

·
Registered
281 Posts
It'll be August before I have time to go through the process. That wouldn't seem the best environment to establish a base-line ("air you can wear" in Florida). Or is it the best time?
I live in AZ, we don't have the humidity you do but I wouldn't try to get a tune fined tuned until the weather cools down over here. Spirited driving turbo vehicles in high heat and humidity is not ideal for trying to dial in a tune in my opinion. But to take full advantage of all your mods a baseline pro tune would be fine for now.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's my concern - TuningPlus is 60 days from purchase to completion. That seems to indicate not starting this scary process until January. So I'm in a self-imposed straight jacket until then.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
68 Posts
I decided to stop being lazy and figure out rear camera issue. I remove the sleeves from the trunk harness and expose the cables.. first to know which cables I should look at. I decided to remove the cover on the trunk to expose the camera plug to see the cables that go to the camera. Once I found that I started to look at the wires that are hanging when you open the trunk and couldn't find anything. I slightly pull up and down to see if a cable would move and nope. Next following the hardest more I to the trunk you will see one zip tire clip and I started to remove the sleeves a the way to the clip and found 2 wires with sleeve cut but not the wire. So I remove the clip and found out that the clip was the cause of the damage wire since it was so tight that before the clip the wires are still after the clip the wires move from open and closing trunk so little by little the wire sleeve and wire will be cut. So since my wire was not cut and only sleeve was I decided to remove that clip and . I added rubber silicone to cut sleeve and electric table it now wire just hangs lose and now camera work. Many say harnest is to small but the case is that the clip is making it seem like it short but removing it. It's not..

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
68 Posts
You should wrap the damaged wires individually with electrical tape, nice find !
I would but I have rubber silicone, its like electric tape but in silicone form, then I wrap the whole thing in electric tape then I put the sleeve back. when its a small cut like that, its best to use rubber black silicone since it will fill the small gap, then after it dries just put electric tape to keep them all in place

·
Registered
678 Posts
Finished my Airlift Performance 3P system and new tires. I wanted more of a stealth type install of the compressor, tank, manifold, and accessories. After a lot of research I sourced a 3 gallon 5" diameter seamless aluminum tank and a VIAIR 444C dual compressor setup that would fit in the spare tire well. Nothing lost there, since I had the stupid inflator kit in there anyway. I will be able to use this setup to air up tires or blow air with nothing more than adding a coiled 25 foot air hose that can be connected to the tank when needed. I'm running the larger 3/8" line to all 4 corners.

·
Registered
281 Posts
5k mile Oil change and Tire rotation. 6qts Mobil1 5w50 and a MC FL-400S filter. First oil change was done at 1k miles.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
68 Posts
Finally had time to wash and clean my car and then I caught my self and said who else does this. This is the water balloon filler after you got done filling them. I use it to get in tight corners and since it's plastic it won't scratch the car. Weird but it works mostly I use to for the trunk when you open it, on the sides where all the dirt get stuck so I put it under the trim and all the dirt comes out.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I always wonder how you know if it's a lemon. It might be dum question but just want to know
30 days out of service or 4 attempts at repair in first 2 year or 24k miles. But this is my state every state is different. Not only did this happen but they busted up my turbo created to trans leaks twice that they had to pull trans again both times to fix and caused body damage.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
68 Posts
Trunk emblem removed and replaced with Ford performance decklid. I was worry it won't fit correctly like I read in other reviews but this one I purchase was perfect.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
68 Posts
Just decided to plastic dip my emblem.. had nothing else to do and also I got to cell mount which charges the phone and its very durable when you hit bumps

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
202 Posts
I just realized that I didn't post this earlier. On Saturday I traded it. I decided that while I have had lots of convertibles, they really aren't a practical daily driver in Michigan so traded on a coupe. I miss dropping the top, but this handles great and is a lot quieter than a convertible even with the top up - don't have to turn the radio up as much.

I was looking at a 2021 EcoBoost with performance package and hi-po engine, but could go with it because of the color. Haven't been fond of silver cars, my wife says they look like they weren't finished.

Came across this 2019 with performance package, Recaro red interior, active exhaust, and navigation. So other than heated/cooled seats, and the hi-po not coming out until 2020, it had everything I wanted on it. And only 7,400 miles on it (80,000 less than my 2017 - driving between North Carolina and Michigan every weekend for almost 2 years will rack up miles!).

I was hoping to find a blue, or orange, or ruby red - but this white one was my fourth color choice.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

3121 - 3140 of 3169 Posts