Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
3161 - 3180 of 3212 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
That spec has to do with lug pattern/spacing, not offset. As @Cyclone390GT mentioned, 5x127 will not fit your car. However, the lug pattern for a 2013 should also be 5x114.3, like our S550s, so maybe the 5x127 is incorrect.
Thank you for letting me know… that’ll save me an hour and a half trip and another back (3 hours total) just for nothing. I thought all mustangs from 4th gen on had the same bolt pattern (5x114.3) and the seller was wrong. Appreciate you letting me know again!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thank you for letting me know… that’ll save me an hour and a half trip and another back (3 hours total) just for nothing. I thought all mustangs from 4th gen on had the same bolt pattern (5x114.3) and the seller was wrong. Appreciate you letting me know again!
You're welcome, but read what I wrote again... Or read what you wrote again... If they were on a 2013, then I'd expect them to fit your car. Maybe he's wrong about the spec.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You're welcome, but read what I wrote again... Or read what you wrote again... If they were on a 2013, then I'd expect them to fit your car. Maybe he's wrong about the spec.
She had measured them with a tape measure which is very difficult to get an accurate measurement that way, but when she measured them, she said they were 5x5 inches which computes to 127mm opposed to the 4.5 inches or 114.3mm S550s recommend. She said they were on her boyfriends ‘13 mustang before but they may have been, but doesn’t mean they were the right wheel for the car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
She had measured them with a tape measure which is very difficult to get an accurate measurement that way, but when she measured them, she said they were 5x5 inches which computes to 127mm opposed to the 4.5 inches or 114.3mm S550s recommend. She said they were on her boyfriends ‘13 mustang before but they may have been, but doesn’t mean they were the right wheel for the car.
Regardless of what she thinks they came off of, I would want to see a pic of the tape measure against the lug holes before I made the trip. She needs to be measuring from center of bore to center of bore. If she is measuring outside edge to outside edge or outside edge to center, the measurement will be off. If she can send you a pic with a tape going from center to center and it measures 4.5”, I’d feel way more comfortable about making the drive to check them out. That said, you will still want to test fit them and check the backspacing and clearance before you decide to make the purchase.

·
Registered
995 Posts
What I did this last weekend… nothing too special, but looks way better than the little “lip spoiler” that was originally on the pony. This weekend, I’m going to check out some black aftermarket rims, but the offset is a little different than Ford recommends. I believe they’re 5x127 instead of 5x114.3. Anyone know any issues I would run into with putting these on my ‘15 EB S550? The seller claims they were on a 2013 mustang before. Sorry if this has been covered so far, but still reading through old threads. Thank you all in advance for the advice!
If the wheels are "OEM" (S197/2014 and earlier) then the size of the stud hole will be smaller than the wheel studs on the (S550/2015+) Mustang. Same bolt pattern, different stud size.
However, an aftermarket wheel will need to be measured.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Regardless of what she thinks they came off of, I would want to see a pic of the tape measure against the lug holes before I made the trip. She needs to be measuring from center of bore to center of bore. If she is measuring outside edge to outside edge or outside edge to center, the measurement will be off. If she can send you a pic with a tape going from center to center and it measures 4.5”, I’d feel way more comfortable about making the drive to check them out. That said, you will still want to test fit them and check the backspacing and clearance before you decide to make the purchase.
If the wheels are "OEM" (S197/2014 and earlier) then the size of the stud hole will be smaller than the wheel studs on the (S550/2015+) Mustang. Same bolt pattern, different stud size.
However, an aftermarket wheel will need to be measured.
Yeah… I might pass anyways. They’re only $200, which is a great price for some rims and tires, but I also truly love the GT replica, all black replica rims for my car or a few others that are on AM. However, the ones that have been catching my eye on AM are like $1500, so a little more than the $200 these cost. I also am a little leery of them only being $200, since the Mrs. asked a good question, “why is she selling them so cheap?” And the only reason I was told was that the seller is moving and wants to get rid of them, which seems legit, but still quite cheap for both rims and tires. I’m going to see if I can get pictures before I make any decisions. The other option I was throwing around was either plasti-dip my current setup, or get them powder coated, which I think @Squid did a mock up of what they would look like on my car (Thanks! @Squid).

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
952 Posts
Got her back from the paint shop after I crashed into a crash barrier at work while I ignored the camera and sensors and checked out the hot chick that walked past. That was a $600 mistake.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I changed the oil. Due to Covid, this was almost 11 months to the day, a couple dozen kilometres under 6000 (a touch over 3700 miles). The oil life was at 8%. Pre-Covid I was usually 7-8000 km spring and fall and right around 50% on the minder. That says a lot about how much not commuting (and many more short trips) cuts into the oil life, at least as far as the computer is concerned. It does make me wonder how much the passage of time affects it. I guess I will find that out when I retire and probably do once a year changes in the fall prior to the car getting very lightly used over the winter.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
91 Posts
just finish the battery relocate.
the plexiglass is temporary , if anyone has the fabric of the trunk let me know cause I made the wood one but I need the fabric to finish it.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
just finish the battery relocate.
the plexiglass is temporary , if anyone has the fabric of the trunk let me know cause I made the wood one but I need the fabric to finish it.
The plexi looks really nice, I’d keep it. You might try searching Amazon for trunk carpet or speaker box carpet. I don’t know if the color would match perfectly but it would be close…something like these…

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
91 Posts
The plexi looks really nice, I’d keep it. You might try searching Amazon for trunk carpet or speaker box carpet. I don’t know if the color would match perfectly but it would be close…something like these…

see I think I was looking at that one but it said grey and I don't think its grey I believe its black , black its not also black cause my Hyundai is black so I saw one that's called charcoal but don't want to buy it and then not match which is why I want to find another mustang I can get the fabric of. I just need 2.5 x 2.5 of fabric, even if its curve I can flatten it.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
91 Posts

definitely will get that glue

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bought these yesterday. Now headed back home and hopefully will have them installed on the ‘15 EB 50th anniversary by next weekend. Got them for $500 since I had to drive about 4.5 hours each way to get them, but definitely worth it. Granted the tires are more bald than my head, but luckily they’re also 19” rims and should fit fine, but eventually will upgrade to 275s in the rear when my current shoes start to wear out in a few years. After install will be exhaust or intercooler, charge pipes and intake. Haven’t decided yet, but everyone on here seems to say intercooler should be one of the first upgrades made so probably go that route.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Tread

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
91 Posts
Bought these yesterday. Now headed back home and hopefully will have them installed on the ‘15 EB 50th anniversary by next weekend. Got them for $500 since I had to drive about 4.5 hours each way to get them, but definitely worth it. Granted the tires are more bald than my head, but luckily they’re also 19” rims and should fit fine, but eventually will upgrade to 275s in the rear when my current shoes start to wear out in a few years. After install will be exhaust or intercooler, charge pipes and intake. Haven’t decided yet, but everyone on here seems to say intercooler should be one of the first upgrades made so probably go that route. View attachment 40985
I went with intercooler, charge pipes hks valve and intake and oil cooler all at once since you will have bumper of thats why I decided to do oil cooler.. then second was short shifter, exhaust cat back exhaust I went with magnaflow cause it's not so loud and has a very nice tone to it. Then 3rd drive shaft aluminum.

3161 - 3180 of 3212 Posts