Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
3181 - 3200 of 3212 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
@B2B thanks for the insight. I’m actually currently looking for a base GT OE fill brake kit, as we speak. Lol. I also got my lip kit, but now that I see it in person, I might return it and go carbon fiber, as I want to do carbon fiber rear diffuser and have CF mirrors on the way my wife ordered me, so glossy black might look weird with all the CF and plan on wrapping the GT500 replica lip I got in CF since I couldn’t find it all ready in CF, unfortunately, but also got that lip for $100, so I guess I can’t complain too much. I’m thinking for charger pipes going HPS and Mishimoto IC. What kind of oil cooler did you go with? Somehow, I missed adding that to my MS Excel “wish list”. Lol.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
91 Posts
@B2B thanks for the insight. I’m actually currently looking for a base GT OE fill brake kit, as we speak. Lol. I also got my lip kit, but now that I see it in person, I might return it and go carbon fiber, as I want to do carbon fiber rear diffuser and have CF mirrors on the way my wife ordered me, so glossy black might look weird with all the CF and plan on wrapping the GT500 replica lip I got in CF since I couldn’t find it all ready in CF, unfortunately, but also got that lip for $100, so I guess I can’t complain too much. I’m thinking for charger pipes going HPS and Mishimoto IC. What kind of oil cooler did you go with? Somehow, I missed adding that to my MS Excel “wish list”. Lol.
See thats why I can't do carbon fiber. Once you do one piece some how you ended up changing everything carbon.. its nice but to much for my wallet.. oil cooler I always go with mishimoto and with oil catch can.. hmm intercooler and intake I went with map performance..

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks! I plan to do black, orange and blue under the hood, so HPS charger pipes really jumped out at me. Do you have a Competition Orange also? Does anyone have the HPS CAI? I was first looking at the Airaid, but wondering if HPS is better or if someone thinks there’s a better CAI out there? I prefer non-tuned (for now, as the COBB AP will be added down the road after a few other under the hood mods)?

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
91 Posts
Thanks! I plan to do black, orange and blue under the hood, so HPS charger pipes really jumped out at me. Do you have a Competition Orange also? Does anyone have the HPS CAI? I was first looking at the Airaid, but wondering if HPS is better or if someone thinks there’s a better CAI out there? I prefer non-tuned (for now, as the COBB AP will be added down the road after a few other under the hood mods)?
I just went with map CAI cause it just look nice. I did ended up cutting it and welding a connected on it for easier removal

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
See thats why I can't do carbon fiber. Once you do one piece some how you ended up changing everything carbon.. its nice but to much for my wallet.. oil cooler I always go with mishimoto and with oil catch can.. hmm intercooler and intake I went with map performance..
Hey how do u like the oil cooler ?? I been thinking about sticking one on my Car once it finally gets built !!

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
91 Posts
Hey how do u like the oil cooler ?? I been thinking about sticking one on my Car once it finally gets built !!
Its good. It did help alot keeping Temps down and since it just plug and play I like it. Changing oil is not as difficult I do the normal then disconnect the hose just to make sure I get most of the oil out and that's it.. what do you mean built what are you doing to it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its good. It did help alot keeping Temps down and since it just plug and play I like it. Changing oil is not as difficult I do the normal then disconnect the hose just to make sure I get most of the oil out and that's it.. what do you mean built what are you doing to it
I tried for a few months to find one. The ones i could find, i found out why they where still on the lot!! So 7-23-21 i ordered one from Granger Ford. It was suppose to be build 10/11 which was pushed back to 10/25 and now back to 11/1. Every time u turn around another Flat rock plant down again thread seems be up :). I ordered the HPP and handling package. Since all i have is time while i wait on it i, been reading everything i can get my hands er eyes on.

One of the things i wondered was why the oil cooler wasn't a more popular mod for the cars. So glad to see someone doing one. Thanks for the feed back !!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Well that stinks! Hope for a speedy recovery!!
Would be nice. But as in all aspects of life nothing is easy.

Kids mother provided wrong insurance information to police. Insurance company hasn't covered her since 2019. Can't even file a claim. Called police department the cop has to now go and investigate and get insurance information (if she had it) no telling how long that will take.:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Would be nice. But as in all aspects of life nothing is easy.

Kids mother provided wrong insurance information to police. Insurance company hasn't covered her since 2019. Can't even file a claim. Called police department the cop has to now go and investigate and get insurance information (if she had it) no telling how long that will take.:mad::mad::mad:
Can't your own insurance company take care of you in the mean time? I know the initial deductible has to come out of your pocket, but at least you can get the ball rolling. Their insurance will just reimburse later, and if they don't have insurance, well then, its just going to come out of your insurance anyway.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Jessie from EMS just messaged me yesterday that my built 2.3 is gonna be ready by the end of the week!! So excited to finally get the Mustang running after a year of sitting. This build is gonna be mild compared to what he did with his Mustang. DW fuel pump XDI fuel system NX2 turbo built 2.3 on E85 by next summer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Can't your own insurance company take care of you in the mean time? I know the initial deductible has to come out of your pocket, but at least you can get the ball rolling. Their insurance will just reimburse later, and if they don't have insurance, well then, its just going to come out of your insurance anyway.
Yes they can but it would count as a claims filed and while i and they would get reimbursed my rate would increase from what i gather.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
952 Posts
Even a claim on a windscreen with fully protected NC still made mine increase. I see like this. You have insurance for a reason as some point something like this is going to happen. Yeah its **** but its life but there is always a better deal out there.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
952 Posts
The stang got new shoes today and a wheel alignment.

If there are any Australians here looking for new shoes I highly recommend the Dayton DT30s in 275/35/19 there $185 a corner fitted and there made by Bridgestone as an entry level performance tyre.

They come with free rotation at 5k and then 10k there after free puncture repair and accidental damage.

Hit up you local Bridgstone select garage.

3181 - 3200 of 3212 Posts