Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
3221 - 3240 of 3263 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Installed a new front lip splitter and cross-drilled rotors with ceramic pads all round. Next project will be installing the carbon fiber dash vinyl I got and painting and installing the GT front calipers Deep Impact Blue I bought and rotors, but I need to find the rears first (this is my winter project while the Mustang sits [too much rain and wind here lately]). Also, going to look into buying and installing a Mishimoto IC and MBRP Race cat-back exhaust.
Splitter looks nice. Which one is it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Splitter looks nice. Which one is it?
Thank you! There is one little flaw as it was missing a mounting tab on one side so I might try getting the struts for it to line it up better or drill 2 little holes and zip tie it so it lines up correctly. To be honest, I can’t find out and it’s embarrassing to say, but I got it off Amazon for $64 so I know it’s not the best or a CF one like I was leaning towards. However, the CF one I was looking at originally was $315 and with the gloss black and orange look I’m going for, I think I’ll stick to CF on the interior and by saving the $250, I can put that towards my down pipe, cat-back or intercooler and charge pipes.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Thank you! There is one little flaw as it was missing a mounting tab on one side so I might try getting the struts for it to line it up better or drill 2 little holes and zip tie it so it lines up correctly. To be honest, I can’t find out and it’s embarrassing to say, but I got it off Amazon for $64 so I know it’s not the best or a CF one like I was leaning towards. However, the CF one I was looking at originally was $315 and with the gloss black and orange look I’m going for, I think I’ll stick to CF on the interior and by saving the $250, I can put that towards my down pipe, cat-back or intercooler and charge pipes.
Embarassed? You should be proud. It looks nice. And for that price...great job. I would only be curious as to how well it secures if you get up to some high speed. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Embarassed? You should be proud. It looks nice. And for that price...great job. I would only be curious as to how well it secures if you get up to some high speed. Keep us posted!
So, it comes with some self tapping screws that replace the screws under the cover that covers the bottom of the car (not sure what to call that). I want to say there’s 6 screws on each side (left and right) and 3 screws on the middle piece. You can’t really see the part that doesn’t line up perfectly, well it does, it’s just missing the tab that fits into the female end and if I screw into it, it will come through (I kind of purposely didn’t get that close of pictures because of that-lol). I’ve got up to 70MPH so far with it on. I know that’s not that fast, but it’s been raining and really wet here and I can still feel a little slippage with my 255 Continental Extreme Contacts in the rear. Speaking of that, I think someone has answered this, but how wide can I go on the rears with 9.5” GT PP 19” wheels? I currently have the stock EB calipers, but will be upgrading to the GT ones in the next 6 months. I was thinking move the 255s to the front and putting 275s on the rears? Will I have enough clearance with the GT calipers?

·
Registered
45 Posts
S SIZVER Painted Black Front Bumper Body Kit Spoiler Lip 3PCS Compatible with 2015-2017 Mustang https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084YPDDDD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_EYDDGEPDSNJ30ST71KXS

This is the one I ordered. I would have taken pictures of the install of those and the slotted rotors, but I didn’t start until 9PM (thanks to my buddy getting home late who has a shop and lift) and didn’t finish until almost midnight with everything.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
107 Posts
I've never installed a catch can on any car I've had until now. The only reason was because both were on special and I was seeing more and more " You MUST get a catch can" so I bit the bullet

I will say I am really shocked at the amount that a lot of people seem to have in there cans after a relatively short distance.

Both the Silva and the Mustang have a few thousand Miles on them now. Neither of them have any significant blow by.

I can not see inside the Silvia Catch can as it is closed but nothing come out when I drained it. I'm also aware that the injection system is different as it's 25 years older then the mustang.

Maybe the amount of blow by is reduced because of modification to the manifold for the RHD applications. Long shot I don't know. Only other thing I'm thinking is environment and grade of oil and fuel. But im no expert.
All I can say its best to have it then not to have it

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
Broke it.

Not how I wanted the weekend to end , cars on the trailer I'm coming home early
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Front right hub or bearing gave out. Noticed the growling on the long straight @ 120 mph. Was crazy noisy when when the session was done. Way too much play to continue at the pace (sub 2 min lap) I wanted to make

·
Super Moderator
3,637 Posts
Broke it.

Not how I wanted the weekend to end , cars on the trailer I'm coming home early
View attachment 41219

Front right hub or bearing gave out. Noticed the growling on the long straight @ 120 mph. Was crazy noisy when when the session was done. Way too much play to continue at the pace (sub 2 min lap) I wanted to make
Saw a report from another Time Trials participant that she got a 1:41 lap, so yeah, you weren't going to make that with hub/bearing failure.

·
Super Moderator
6,471 Posts
Saw a report from another Time Trials participant that she got a 1:41 lap, so yeah, you weren't going to make that with hub/bearing failure.
I'm not going to make that on a healthy car. Times just keep getting better and leaving me further behind.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Which spoiler do you have? I've been thinking about getting a kit and have the GT350 track pack spoiler.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I have the Anderson Composite Carbon Fibre Track Pack spoiler. Went with the large wing strut option just to be safe, as swapping from Australia would have been a hassle. Learning to open the boot/trunk from a distance to avoid injury :)

Reactions: steve.amestoyjr

·
Registered
455 Posts
I (sadly) sold it today. Almost 6 years and ~80k miles. Great car.

Here's my post in Parts Classifieds if you're interested in some of my removed goodies:
Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood Automotive tire

Thanks and continued happy miles, folks.

Matt in Michigan

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
107 Posts
Nothing yet. Just had more cars than drivers in the house. Sadly, if you can believe it, it just wasn’t getting driven enough. And with winter coming to Michigan, the time was right.

I will miss it.
I am in the same boat. 2 winter cars, family car, work car and my mustang, which it only gets about 1k miles a year but there's no way I get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I am in the same boat. 2 winter cars, family car, work car and my mustang, which it only gets about 1k miles a year but there's no way I get rid of it.
I drove my first Mustang (also 1st car) year round when I was 16/17 years old... learned the hard way! Park it in the Winter, and drive an old clapped out banger in harsh weather!!
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
187 Posts
My shop finished installing my new long block, XClutch, and turbo kit today. Still waiting to get my injectors back from Deatschwerks after being cleaned and flow tested, also waiting on my break-in oil to be delivered since no one in Tulsa carries it. Hopefully, it will be back on the road for the break-in period shortly after Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So, I just got rear GT calipers for $60 and now am almost complete with my GT brake setup, all I need is the brackets for the fronts. After that, going to buy some Deep Impact Blue in a rattle can and start my winter project. I also just ordered a torque wrench so I can finally re-paint some “black” (they are a little discoloured but I got them for $10) lug nuts I recently purchased from someone. Lastly, I’m happy to say I am a proud owner of a COBB Accessport V3 I also got from someone locally for $200. The only downside to it, I don’t have many performance mods yet, but plan on purchasing a CAI, downpipe, cat-back exhaust and intercooler over the next few months also. Since I’m still fairly new to the COBB Accessport V3, if I’m still stock under the hood, but run 92 (can’t find 93 anywhere here in Washington [if anyone local knows where to find some, please let me know]), will I benefit much from Stage 1 Tune for 91 octane or have to wait until I add some performance mods? I just couldn’t pass up the price and had to buy the COBB right away before someone else got their hands on it! Appreciate any guidance and advice anyone can provide.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
So, I just got rear GT calipers for $60 and now am almost complete with my GT brake setup, all I need is the brackets for the fronts. After that, going to buy some Deep Impact Blue in a rattle can and start my winter project. I also just ordered a torque wrench so I can finally re-paint some “black” (they are a little discoloured but I got them for $10) lug nuts I recently purchased from someone. Lastly, I’m happy to say I am a proud owner of a COBB Accessport V3 I also got from someone locally for $200. The only downside to it, I don’t have many performance mods yet, but plan on purchasing a CAI, downpipe, cat-back exhaust and intercooler over the next few months also. Since I’m still fairly new to the COBB Accessport V3, if I’m still stock under the hood, but run 92 (can’t find 93 anywhere here in Washington [if anyone local knows where to find some, please let me know]), will I benefit much from Stage 1 Tune for 91 octane or have to wait until I add some performance mods? I just couldn’t pass up the price and had to buy the COBB right away before someone else got their hands on it! Appreciate any guidance and advice anyone can provide.
Even if you never use the OTS tunes, you still have the data logging abilities (valuable troubleshooting tool)! Congratulations!!
PS: Does your Cobb device have the "stage 0, 91 octane" option?

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
336 Posts
Go to the Cobb website and get yourself familiar with the OTS tunes and what mods they require. Stage 1 tune is fine for stock car or with at least a high flow intake filter. As far as mods go I would definitely go bigger IC first! Stay running 92 on the 91 tune for a little more cushion of safety.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

3221 - 3240 of 3263 Posts