Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
3241 - 3260 of 3263 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
My shop finished installing my new long block, XClutch, and turbo kit today. Still waiting to get my injectors back from Deatschwerks after being cleaned and flow tested, also waiting on my break-in oil to be delivered since no one in Tulsa carries it. Hopefully, it will be back on the road for the break-in period shortly after Thanksgiving.
Awesome! Which long block did you go with??

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Even if you never use the OTS tunes, you still have the data logging abilities (valuable troubleshooting tool)! Congratulations!!
PS: Does your Cobb device have the "stage 0, 91 octane" option?
I’ll have to look tomorrow. I’m going to mess around with the COBB a little and see what all I can do. The wife and I ran errands today, but the mustang stayed home and we took the Flex instead. I’ll keep you posted @Coyote Chaser!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Go to the Cobb website and get yourself familiar with the OTS tunes and what mods they require. Stage 1 tune is fine for stock car or with at least a high flow intake filter. As far as mods go I would definitely go bigger IC first! Stay running 92 on the 91 tune for a little more cushion of safety.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, the Cobb OTS options are now pretty basic. Stage 1 requires the high flow filter and you can go to Stage 2 with the addition of an intercooler. That's it...

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
336 Posts
Yep, just got done dialing in my 91 tune with PD/Ryan.....v1.8 was my final revision, the car feels great. City MPG's came up a bit with the bigger NX2 turbo since the car isn't in instant boost mode like the smaller FP turbo. According to datalogs it takes between 400-500 rpms to go from 0-24psi at WOT.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I picked up my New Mustang Hpp/Handling package from Granger Motors !!!!! I ordered it 7/23 and it arrived at the dealership Nov 4th. I had a list of mods i wanted completed
So my day 1 mods where.

1. CVF Race intercooler/charge pipes
2. Mishimote Coolant Expansion Tank
3 Baron Hybrid 3 Shifter w/Flat stick
4. Steeda Clutch spring Assist
5. Boomba Catch can stage 2
6. Boomba Vertical links
7. Michelin Pilot Sport all season 4 265/40r19
8. Cobb ots tune. Stage 2 91

I flew in to the airport where i was picked up by the dealership at 1115am and was driving back to Florida before 1pm. One of the most painless
car purchases i have ever made!!!! Really impressed by that dealership !!! Man it was flooded with Broncos.

16 hours and change later 1200 miles or so i made it back. No issues with the car at all and the entire trip i averaged around 26.3 mpg.

I couldn't be happier!!

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just swapped my summer tires for my new winter tires. Just installed Vredstein Wintrac Pro. Let's see how they do in the Northeast. I had Pirelli Sottozeros and they were a very good performance winter tire. If I didn't have to deal with snow I would use them for another season. Unfortunately after 3 winters they were too low to be much help (bought them used). First impressions, the Pirellis were more comfortable. These seem to be a quiet tire however after installing a catback, tire noise is not too much of a focus. I will say these tires are very responsive. I was amazed how much nimble my car feels. Almost makes no sense since I just took of my Nitto NT555 G2. Now don't get me wrong these are winter tires and of course brings a little more of that oommpa loompa feel to it. However, the care does change direction, faster than before. Let's see how it feels after I break them in. I have a 700 mile round trip to Upstate NY coming up where it will give me the opportunity to break in these tires. Who knows, I might even venture into my first snow. I'll update the tires after I get some snow action and a few more miles into them.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Sorry for the late response, but yes it does have Stage 0, 91 Octane tune. Should I be on that instead of Stage 1, no tune?
Your probably ok. But, it does give you another option. You can have the advantages of running a higher octane, without doing any modifications to your car. You may want to contact Cobb Support and ask one of the techs for an official recommendation.

3241 - 3260 of 3263 Posts