Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
3261 - 3280 of 3319 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Drove it! A 50-mile drive to warm up the innards.

Reactions: Park

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
144 Posts
Not mustang related but I’ve had a hell of a week. My son totaled his GSXR at 130mph (thank God he’s okay), couple days later I hit a cow on the highway and totaled my dailey. Definitely frustrating but I’m counting my blessings, the accidents could have been much worse.
View attachment 41323
The good news your still here and glad it wasn't worst for either of you two

·
Registered
707 Posts
Replaced the OEM rear camber arms. They were creaking and groaning over variable surfaces and especially when airing up or out my bags. Put in the BMR rear camber lockout kit and Godspeed adjustable rear camber arms (red). Ran it up for an alignment and WOW what a difference! No more noise and the car is more responsive to the road conditions in the rear now. Might increase my shock damping a couple of turns to compensate for going from the OEM bushings to spherical bearings.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My engine has finally arrived!! Gonna spend tomorrow getting my miscellaneous parts organized and put into the car so it can be towed to the shop on Sunday. It's gonna be soooo sweet to hear that first startup on the new built motor in about 3 weeks or so. Jessie with EMS said ill have to run conventional oil for about 1k miles but says not to be afraid to let the motor see some boost. Ill take it easy for about 100 miles or so before I give it the beans. should be in the low 400's on my 93 pump tune. Ill for sure be heading out to Mustang week next year in the built EcoBoost.
Wood Road surface Tints and shades Rectangle Composite material

·
Registered
458 Posts
My engine has finally arrived!! Gonna spend tomorrow getting my miscellaneous parts organized and put into the car so it can be towed to the shop on Sunday. It's gonna be soooo sweet to hear that first startup on the new built motor in about 3 weeks or so. Jessie with EMS said ill have to run conventional oil for about 1k miles but says not to be afraid to let the motor see some boost. Ill take it easy for about 100 miles or so before I give it the beans. should be in the low 400's on my 93 pump tune. Ill for sure be heading out to Mustang week next year in the built EcoBoost. View attachment 41342
Awesome! Its been a long road for you for sure and I can relate. I know how Awesome that first moment is gonna feel and every moment after! Once broken in and you tune it to what you want. You should post us a dyno run!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Awesome! Its been a long road for you for sure and I can relate. I know how Awesome that first moment is gonna feel and every moment after! Once broken in and you tune it to what you want. You should post us a dyno run!
My goal is to make a trip to Automafia Racing when the time is right to get the car dialed in for E85. I'm also hoping to make it down to Mustang week next year. Ill see about going on teh portable dyno to get my umbers on 93 pump. Its gonna be an exciting year for the Mustang.

·
Registered
458 Posts
My goal is to make a trip to Automafia Racing when the time is right to get the car dialed in for E85. I'm also hoping to make it down to Mustang week next year. Ill see about going on teh portable dyno to get my umbers on 93 pump. Its gonna be an exciting year for the Mustang.
Automafia should be putting you on a dyno with a baseline on that 93. I watch a lot of their vids sometimes twice.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My car got dropped off at the shop today. Now I just play the waiting game... Already got my tune uploaded to my tuner. Tested and it can still communicate with the ECU which is good. 2-3 weeks and I'll have a running pony 🥲🥲

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
437 Posts
Ryan sent me my base e30 map so I ripped off a couple logs for him this morning. Looking at the logs when I got home there was 0 knock counts and 0 negative ignition corrections. This was doing back to back 5th gear WOT to 6k pulls.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Ryan sent me my base e30 map so I ripped off a couple logs for him this morning. Looking at the logs when I got home there was 0 knock counts and 0 negative ignition corrections. This was doing back to back 5th gear WOT to 6k pulls.

Awesome! I'm just a few weeks behind you, keep us posted on your progress!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Touched up the Winter Gorilla lugs before boxing them away for the spring/summer.
View attachment 39867
Dumb question for you, when you painted these, did you have them just like they are in the picture? I’m getting ready to paint mine and need to know if it would be better to stick something through the cardboard to hold the lug nuts up so when they dry, they don’t stick to the cardboard or whatever I’m using below them. Btw, yours came out nice!!

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,010 Posts

Hate to state the obvious but there is indeed negative correction on both monitored cylinders. Not a lot but still shouldn't really be any.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hate to state the obvious but there is indeed negative correction on both monitored cylinders. Not a lot but still shouldn't really be any.
There will always be a bit of negative correction here and there while normal driving which is normal and ok. My data logs showed 0 negative correction...only positive and zero knock at WOT in 5th gear up to 6k rpm. I leave it plugged in while driving to work so obviously it's going to show the lowest and highest values of the whole drive.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
There will always be a bit of negative correction here and there while normal driving which is normal and ok. My data logs showed 0 negative correction...only positive and zero knock at WOT in 5th gear up to 6k rpm. I leave it plugged in while driving to work so obviously it's going to show the lowest and highest values of the whole drive.

HP and Torque numbers look impressive! If I remember right? You have FOB plus NX2 turbo on your Ecoboost with HPP??

·
Registered
437 Posts
HP and Torque numbers look impressive! If I remember right? You have FOB plus NX2 turbo on your Ecoboost with HPP??
That is correct! Ryan sent me a revised map yesterday where he added some more ignition timing. I'll do a couple more logs tonight/early morning when the roads are clear and post results for E30 v1.1

·
Registered
437 Posts
Been taking the daily to cars and coffee for the last year since the stang is down. Can't wait to get it running again so I can start taking it out to cars and coffee finally.
Nice! The memories start swirling when I see the H badge. Back in 98 I bought a brand new Integra GSR and did a full JDM Honda Integra front end swap, fully built 1.8l vtec and typeR transmission. Volk T37 rims that weighed 7lbs each. Was able to get sponsored by Jackson Racing and there supercharger kit for the Integra. It ended up being a low 12s daily driver, full interior and stereo system which was pretty quick for the times.

3261 - 3280 of 3319 Posts