Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
3281 - 3300 of 3319 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Not so much a did to, as a did with. We had a record breaking day here in Toronto, at 18C, so we did a top down drive for ~2 hours north of the city. This means I achieved my goal of driving at least one day top down in every month this year. While that’s not a big deal for the southern US members here, I consider it a reasonable accomplishment for my locale. March through November aren’t too tough to do but December through February are a little tougher. With the Love the Drive screen, windows up and a touch of heat, anything around 3-5C and above is reasonably comfortable. I’m happy to demonstrate that my convertible is not a “6 month” car!

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,010 Posts
There will always be a bit of negative correction here and there while normal driving which is normal and ok. My data logs showed 0 negative correction...only positive and zero knock at WOT in 5th gear up to 6k rpm. I leave it plugged in while driving to work so obviously it's going to show the lowest and highest values of the whole drive.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I only get a very occasional negative correction and its very minimal at that. normally less then 0.5 of a degree. I leave mine plugged in as well..

Below is that last few pulls I took photos of

Motor vehicle Mobile phone Automotive tire Telephone Communication Device

Gadget Audio equipment Gas Communication Device Electronic device

Communication Device Font Gadget Portable communications device Mobile device

Reactions: steve.amestoyjr

·
Registered
2020 Magnetic HPP EcoBoost
437 Posts
Ripped off a couple datalogs for Ryan this morning for v1.1 e30 tune, he added in some ignition timing for v1.1. Looking at the logs today there was once again 0 knock and 0 negative ignition correction during the 3k to 6k WOT pulls in 5th. First pic is v1, 2nd pic is v1.1

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Ripped off a couple datalogs for Ryan this morning for v1.1 e30 tune, he added in some ignition timing for v1.1. Looking at the logs today there was once again 0 knock and 0 negative ignition correction during the 3k to 6k WOT pulls in 5th. First pic in v1, 2nd pic is v1.1

Great numbers, NX2 really makes a difference!

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
299 Posts
, when you painted these, did you have them just like they are in the picture? I’m getting ready to paint mine and need to know if it would be better to stick something through the cardboard to hold the lug nuts up so when they dry, they don’t stick to the cardboard or whatever I’m using below them. Btw, yours came out nice!!
sry..been away for months..finally got around to getting new iPad. How’d you do? Your instincts are good. i sprayed the lugs 5 at a time on a board i hammered nails thru as to avoid sticking...just in case. i did just spray them all together on the cardboard tho for the last layer of clearcoat. my neuroses can only extend so far o_O

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
There are a few stations in the Northern VA area that I live close too.
We have a couple "E85" (speedway) stations here in E. TN, but I noticed that they are now labeled as "flex fuel" instead of E85. I`m wondering about other parts of the country and also what % of ethanol they are elsewhere?? Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
We have a couple "E85" (speedway) stations here in E. TN, but I noticed that they are now labeled as "flex fuel" instead of E85. I`m wondering about other parts of the country and also what % of ethanol they are elsewhere?? Thanks
Over here is my part of AZ it's mostly labeled flex fuel 51-83%. Where I go it consistently tests at e51 and now ethanol is supposed to get taxed more from what I've been hearing and will eventually have less than 10% in pump gas.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
It's definitely not gonna be 85% in the winter months. It will be closer to 60% so I'll wait untill summer to get the car dialed in for E85. I'll spend the Winter months breaking in the engine and dialing in for 93 pump.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Over here is my part of AZ it's mostly labeled flex fuel no 51-83%. Where I go it consistently tests at e51 and now ethanol is supposed to get taxed more from what I've been hearing and will eventually have less than 10% in pump gas.

Wow! 51% isn't even close to E85... I'm planning on buying VP X85 or C85 for the track, but not sure what to tune for the street? I want to be able to run ethanol from the pump, but should I get something like an E60 street tune and mix at the pump as required??

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wow! 51% isn't even close to E85... I'm planning on buying VP X85 or C85 for the track, but not sure what to tune for the street? I want to be able to run ethanol from the pump, but should I get something like an E60 street tune and mix at the pump as required??
There are stations that have 85 but there is a Facebook group for e85 and everyone tests and posts what the different stations are. For me e30 is plenty for stock motor. If I was fully built I'd be e85 all day.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,010 Posts
Ripped off a couple datalogs for Ryan this morning for v1.1 e30 tune, he added in some ignition timing for v1.1. Looking at the logs today there was once again 0 knock and 0 negative ignition correction during the 3k to 6k WOT pulls in 5th. First pic is v1, 2nd pic is v1.1

Sorry again I'm no expert but you have almost as much negative correction as you have positive, esp on one cylinder your monitor. I'm not sure I would be happy at all with that. I know it can be dialed in to almost 0 as per my previous posts that's what I would be wanting to see even if it's only momentary. Just my 10 cents

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
There are stations that have 85 but there is a Facebook group for e85 and everyone tests and posts what the different stations are. For me e30 is plenty for stock motor. If I was fully built I'd be e85 all day.

Thanks! I'll try to locate the E85 Facebook group. Doing the NMRA racing season, we travel from Florida to Michigan, so this information will be valuable! I may just go with an E60 tune... Depending on what I find!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks! I'll try to locate the E85 Facebook group. Doing the NMRA racing season, we travel from Florida to Michigan, so this information will be valuable! I may just go with an E60 tune... Depending on what I find!
Thanks!!
All of the stations in my area (NE Oklahoma) that offer E85, consistently test at E70 year round. They are Kum and Go and Casey’s. You can download the GasBuddy app or a similar apps and see which stations in your area offer ethanol blends.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Didn't touch the car. But, read an interesting article, with information and tips on motor oil
Font Circle Number Parallel Screenshot

Sorry I don't have a link, but it's worth the Google search!

·
Registered
953 Posts
^^^ How low-speed pre-ignition can damage your direct-injection turbo engine - Hagerty Media

[edit] I would add that I went to the Mobil 1 (what I use) website after reading this and apparently Mobil 1 meets all of the new specifications including GF-6 and their website indicated that all stock should have rolled over by summer of 2020, so anything you are buying today will be the newest version oil available. I'm sure that this is the case for any of the other major oil suppliers as well.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Gave her some fresh corn juice and ripped off a couple datalogs for e30 v1.2. The most negative ignition correction I had was -1 for a second on cylinder 3 and no knock through out the WOT pull from 3k to 6k in 5th again. I know the est HP and Torq isn't exact but it does show me the increases that are coming with each revision. Mornings temps have been pretty close and I do the pulls on the same stretch of roads each time.

3281 - 3300 of 3319 Posts