Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
3461 - 3480 of 3486 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Yesterday, was a dismantling day! Getting ready for a rear seat delete.
Hood Automotive tire Trunk Motor vehicle Car

I'm also doing some modifications to my dual air intake and Intercooler air dam.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Reactions: MD18EcoStang

·
Registered
829 Posts
If you ever play music and go to the back seat, you will soon realize those speakers in the back are absolute garbage and probably cost Ford $3.00 a pop. I change a few speakers, but haven't gotten around to completing the project. I have never used Forscan, how was the process?
Automotive tire Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Hubcap

Automotive tire Camera lens Audio equipment Rim Lens

Yep! Ford generously installed 25W speakers in the rear. Could that magnet be any smaller?? The new replacements sound fantastic! So, I still have a 9-speaker system... scrapped the center and added a sub, and replaced the speakers in all remaining locations. Very pleased with the results. I'm not a full-blown car audio guy, but I do need something to drown out my singing!

Another benefit of losing the center... The former BEEP, BEEP, BEEP from the rear sensor is now a more reasonable beep, beep, beep that comes from a different place behind the dash.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yesterday, was a dismantling day! Getting ready for a rear seat delete.
I could look it up, but how much weight does that shave off? The seat cushion is ridiculously light, and I can't imagine the backs weighing too much. But, honestly, they're just decoration to me. Ain't nobody ever gonna ride back there. Had to squeeze myself back there for my speaker upgrade, which was rather uncomfortable, to say the least.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I could look it up, but how much weight does that shave off? The seat cushion is ridiculously light, and I can't imagine the backs weighing too much. But, honestly, they're just decoration to me. Ain't nobody ever gonna ride back there. Had to squeeze myself back there for my speaker upgrade, which was rather uncomfortable, to say the least.
Don't remember the exact weight reduction, something like 40 lbs...?
My goal is to get the car down to the NMRA minimum required weight of 3600 lbs. with driver and fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

Went ahead and removed the rear bumper while I'm in the weight reduction mode!
It may seem unnecessary, but at 375 HP, 20 lbs. is equal to (2) 100th of a second off my ET. Which is a lot, considering that I lost my last NMRA race by (1.4) 1000th of a second.

Reactions: LostSAAB

·
Registered
2017 Ford Mustang EB w/Performance Pack, Shadow Black, <17,000mi
82 Posts
So, an update on my 2015 ECOBOOST 50th anniversary. Sadly, the insurance company is deeming it a total loss. I will post more pictures I took after I finally calmed down. Plus side of all this, I just put my down payment on a 2017 ECOBOOST w/performance package. Isn’t quite as flashy as the competition orange, but who doesn’t love a black car? I’ll also post pictures (dealership) of it until I get it this Saturday or Sunday and then can take my own. It is almost a 3-4 hour drive, but the drive back in it will be well worth it. Needless to say the least, when one door closes, another one opens!!! Feeling very blessed right now I’m alive and I get to get another mustang since I’ve been depressed looking at my 2015 every morning and evening when I leave/get home from work.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Ford Mustang EB w/Performance Pack, Shadow Black, <17,000mi
82 Posts

·
Administrator
3,868 Posts
Not today, but Wednesday, took it to my local independent shop and got a bunch of maintenance done; oil change, brake flush, transmission and rear differential change. It's at 60,000 miles...

Ran into an issue I haven't heard of here or anywhere else. I have a fuel leak from the top passenger side of the gas tank. It looks like it's coming from a pump line, or something. I had a full take of gas, so taking it back in on Monday to have them drop it and figure it out after I burn off most of the gas this weekend...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Downloaded ForScan and disabled the factory equalizer. I had installed Hertz speakers on the front doors and the difference is quite noticable. If you have changed your speakers and don't get change the settings, it's almost a waste of money. I had bought an under the seat amp from Rockville that just fits and was considering returning it after the tweak on ForScan. However, once on the road depending on the music, it really could use some type of sub. I can't go crazy, because, I don't like the sound and this car is my daily. I need to be able to do my Home Depot and Costco runs with this and I won't sacrifice space.

Looking forward to making some additional changes. I just need some speakers in the rear and the center and I will consider getting an amp to power my speakers.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
216 Posts
Downloaded ForScan and disabled the factory equalizer. I had installed Hertz speakers on the front doors and the difference is quite noticable. If you have changed your speakers and don't get change the settings, it's almost a waste of money. I had bought an under the seat amp from Rockville that just fits and was considering returning it after the tweak on ForScan. However, once on the road depending on the music, it really could use some type of sub. I can't go crazy, because, I don't like the sound and this car is my daily. I need to be able to do my Home Depot and Costco runs with this and I won't sacrifice space.

Looking forward to making some additional changes. I just need some speakers in the rear and the center and I will consider getting an amp to power my speakers.
Drove around some more and I am returning my under seat sub and all the wiring associated. I actually am getting enough humph from the new/old speakers. Now that they are getting a full signal, I can let them break in. I am planning to get a nice pair of 6.5s, swap the ones from my lower door and put those in the rear. I will listen some more and then decide if I still want any amps.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
829 Posts
Drove around some more and I am returning my under seat sub and all the wiring associated. I actually am getting enough humph from the new/old speakers. Now that they are getting a full signal, I can let them break in. I am planning to get a nice pair of 6.5s, swap the ones from my lower door and put those in the rear. I will listen some more and then decide if I still want any amps.
I just completed a speaker upgrade, too (factory amp), and the the improvement was significant. I could probably live without the sub, but I do enjoy the extra 5-10% of bass it provides.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just completed a speaker upgrade, too (factory amp), and the the improvement was significant. I could probably live without the sub, but I do enjoy the extra 5-10% of bass it provides.
I hear you. I went for another ride and just changed my mind again. I'm going to most likely install the under seat sub. It's just to do it "quicker" and cleaner, it's probably best to remove the seat. Will probably get to it next week. I'll update when I get the chance. I'm looking for decent bass, not shake my bones type of bass. I also didn't install the tweeters from the Hertz and kept the factory set. Might do that too since I'm pulling things apart all over again

·
Registered
829 Posts
I hear you. I went for another ride and just changed my mind again. I'm going to most likely install the under seat sub. It's just to do it "quicker" and cleaner, it's probably best to remove the seat. Will probably get to it next week. I'll update when I get the chance. I'm looking for decent bass, not shake my bones type of bass. I also didn't install the tweeters from the Hertz and kept the factory set. Might do that too since I'm pulling things apart all over again
Yep. I'm also one who thinks bass should be present, but subtle. A subwoofer, IMHO, should serve as an extension of your overall system's range, not a separate piece. I prefer blending to booming, but realize that others' goals may vary...

3461 - 3480 of 3486 Posts