Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
3501 - 3511 of 3511 Posts

·
Administrator
6,697 Posts
I got a second notice of the recall. I haven't called any of the local dealers to ask about it though.
I only asked because it was in the dealer to get the freeway damage fixed. They did that, 3 recalls and the transmission output speed sensor issue I was having.
(btw, the techs didn't realize that Livernois put the motor in this one ... :D )

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Not so much a did to my Mustang as a for my Mustang (and the other vehicles). We have a small storage loft in the top of the garage, where I put a pancake compressor I came into possession of and connected it to a 50’ hose reel. It has enough grunt to run the gun for swapping tires and airing them up. Of course, you’re supposed to drain after each use, which I have been irregularly doing because I have to move the car out to do so. So, I finally put a remote drain on it with 3/8” soft copper. I had to build a little wood frame to tip the compressor so the outlet was at the bottom. Works great.
Gas Workwear Safety glove Engineering Machine

Wood Beam Ceiling Gas Building

·
Registered
60 Posts
I pulled out the amplifier fuse to see what it really sounds like.

Thats what I did with mine today.

TBO, it sounded like my '13 Focus.
it drives like the Focus, it sounds like the Focus...it is a Mustang shaped Focus.
My disappointment in this car just grows and grows :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
last night i had a sort of drag with a Holden Commadore SV8 , he was in front of me at the lights and was revving a bit, so i thought if he floors it, i'll floor it. which he did.

i was right up his arse the whole time, which was good. but i was bedazzled by the instrument cluster.
along the top when you get to around 4,000 revs two green rectangle things appear at either end, and as the revs go higher additional green things appear.
as they got closer together they went to yellow, then finnaly red. i was like, aww wow, it goes red.then i realised that was because i was over the red line.

the car had an odd smell afterwards, like burn oil.

·
Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
215 Posts
last night i had a sort of drag with a Holden Commadore SV8 , he was in front of me at the lights and was revving a bit, so i thought if he floors it, i'll floor it. which he did.

i was right up his arse the whole time, which was good. but i was bedazzled by the instrument cluster.
along the top when you get to around 4,000 revs two green rectangle things appear at either end, and as the revs go higher additional green things appear.
as they got closer together they went to yellow, then finnaly red. i was like, aww wow, it goes red.then i realised that was because i was over the red line.

Not doing what you did . I also get a burning smell from time to time

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts

You may of had a little blow-by. You may want to check your PCV system via crankcase pressure. If it's positive, while your motor is at idea, your check valve may be stuck open due to contamination. If your pressure is negative, then it was probably just a little motor oil and should be OK!?

3501 - 3511 of 3511 Posts