Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1639 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Got the car wrapped in white vinyl lol

View attachment 35598
Got a little orange peel in the vinyl there. :p

I went out and practiced safe driving techniques, specifically, how to handle excessive rear wheel torque applied at low speed while turning sharply on low friction surfaces. If you weren't paying close attention, you might think I was just doing donuts in an icy parking lot. Honest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed an Airaid tube and drop-in. Had a thought hit me and decided to give it a shot. Took a while and was tedious as hell, but it came out pretty decent. Looks a little rough if you insist on breaking out your magnifying glass, but whatever. Got some more to do before I pull the airbox and clean out the backside of debris. Hopefully this and the Airaid will net a good increase in spool whoosh(y)
IMG_20200208_140734168.jpg

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
There was a lot of snow and freezing rain the last couple of days, but the roads were clear this morning. So I'm on my way to church with cruise set at 60 and a full-size van goes by the other way. Just a moment before it passes, big chunks of frozen snow fly off its roof and spin across the road, right into my grill. The billet aluminum grill popped out of its mounts and got pushed back to my radiator, front fascia will need paint at least, the mesh grill inside my hood ram air scoop is dented, license plate holder is loose on one side, and my deer whistles got torn off! I'll make an appointment with the local Ford dealer tomorrow to see if they find anything else wrong.

If you live in the snow belt, for the love of all things automotive, clean all the ice and snow off your vehicle before you hit the road. If I had been driving just a hair faster that ice could have come through my windshield instead of my grill.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
There was a lot of snow and freezing rain the last couple of days, but the roads were clear this morning. So I'm on my way to church with cruise set at 60 and a full-size van goes by the other way. Just a moment before it passes, big chunks of frozen snow fly off its roof and spin across the road, right into my grill. The billet aluminum grill popped out of its mounts and got pushed back to my radiator, front fascia will need paint at least, the mesh grill inside my hood ram air scoop is dented, license plate holder is loose on one side, and my deer whistles got torn off! I'll make an appointment with the local Ford dealer tomorrow to see if they find anything else wrong.

If you live in the snow belt, for the love of all things automotive, clean all the ice and snow off your vehicle before you hit the road. If I had been driving just a hair faster that ice could have come through my windshield instead of my grill.
With a dashcam, you could've held that van liable. Sorry to hear it Elvis. I hope you get fixed up good as new.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Wait... There's a guy here using Elvis in his user name... and Sarge is also Elvis??? Mind blown!:eek:
Nah. Its me Freudian slipping after getting very little sleep this weekend. Different people.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have a dashcam, I just haven't figured out how to download the video to a screen big enough to get a good look at the van. I think I'm going to need some help from one of my less tech-challenged friends.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a dashcam, I just haven't figured out how to download the video to a screen big enough to get a good look at the van. I think I'm going to need some help from one of my less tech-challenged friends.
You either plug into the computer via usb or remove the memory card from the camera. 🙂

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You either plug into the computer via usb or remove the memory card from the camera. 🙂
USB didn't work, I think I can borrow a card reader from a friend.

1601 - 1620 of 1639 Posts