Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1621 - 1639 of 1639 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
Finally did some maintenance I'd been putting off...

Cabin Air Filter.

Spark plugs.

These were the NGKs that were in when I had the head gasket leak. I had asked the Ford dealer to swap the plugs, even provided them, but they didn't. I'd been getting some negative ignition corrections lately so knew these needed to be swapped first... You can see that #3 was where water was getting in from the threads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Removed the OEM PCV valve and baffle plate and replaced it with the Radium PCV dual baffle plate and upgraded valve. Removing the intake manifold was surprisingly easy.
Any cool installed pics? Trying to keep mods mild for the time being in the hope of keeping my warranty. Focusing more on longevity items like OCCs and someday a street fit intercooler. Can't decide :cautious:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Removed the OEM PCV valve and baffle plate and replaced it with the Radium PCV dual baffle plate and upgraded valve. Removing the intake manifold was surprisingly easy.
Do you happen to sneek a peak at your valves with a borescope?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Any cool installed pics? Trying to keep mods mild for the time being in the hope of keeping my warranty. Focusing more on longevity items like OCCs and someday a street fit intercooler. Can't decide :cautious:
Sorry, no pics. I was so focused on the job, I totally spaced off taking pics. The Radium install Instructions are very good with step by step pics, so any pics by me would have been superfluous anyway.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Sorry, no pics. I was so focused on the job, I totally spaced off taking pics. The Radium install Instructions are very good with step by step pics, so any pics by me would have been superfluous anyway.
Agreed, I put the Radium in about two years ago, and the instructions were good. Getting the intake manifold out of the way was the longest part of the job for me.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Finally ordered the Boomba short throw shifter / shifter bracket combo yesterday. Had a 10% sale I couldn't pass up. I know a complete aftermarket assembly would probably be better (and pricier), but I'm hoping for my use this will be a great upgrade. I'll likely have to wait a few more weeks though to get the car out of storage. A foot of snow on the ground and some tig and paint projects on the motorcycle will have me waiting a while. Come on spring!
Image result for boomba short throw shifter 2015 wrx

·
Registered
46 Posts
How long did it take for you to do this? Do you think it would be fairly easy for someone of an amateurish level to install?

·
Registered
511 Posts
How long did it take for you to do this? Do you think it would be fairly easy for someone of an amateurish level to install?
It took me about 1-1/2 hours to do the complete job, but only because I was taking my time. The Radium instructions are spot on and detailed enough that nothing can be confused or guessed at unless you can’t read, lol. it takes minimal tools, and basic skills to complete the job.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I agree with KewlWinter, if you're not afraid of basic handtools and you follow the instructions, it's not too hard. I think I took about 2 hours or so, with a break for a sandwich.

·
Registered
19 Posts
One more question if that's ok. Did you run into any minor issues installing your OCC? Mainly referring to the 10AN ORB PCV Valve that comes as part of the kit. I've been looking at getting a Mishimoto, mostly due to the preformed vent tubing looking so neat and clean. Thx!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Lots of stuff planned for today, supposed to be sunny and 57 deg....then I look out the window and there’s 3” of snow on my mustang........effing weatherman!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Upgraded lower door speakers to Hertz DSK 165.3. Not a bad job to do. So far the bass response is cleaner and has more punch. A few weeks ago I added Second Skins Damplier Pro to about 25% to each door. So I have to say that with the two you get a decent improvement! Of course I know that if you really want to hear a difference I need to add an amp and of course a subwoofer,but not sure I really want to go there. I plan on swapping out the 3.5 speakers at some point. With this new setup the oem 3.5 speakers sound significantly better. Those speakers really look like a $10 special so at some point I will swap those out too.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Washed her! But didn’t wax, so no pics! Lol! Then spent hrs researching the electronics so I can get some bass in her....had 2 10’s in my GT, think I‘ll change it up this time.

1621 - 1639 of 1639 Posts