Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1774 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Gee, my heart bleeds for you. Yesterday it was blizzarding here. :p
26 deg here in Va.
Frost in the pasture and on the cars this morning. You know you live in North Florida when you run the heat in the morning and the air in the afternoon.

·
Registered
2018 Ecoboost Premium 201A Kona Blue
17 Posts
Got my sub, custom box, and amp installed and tuned yesterday. Only about 90% done as I want to finish off a little more with some details and lighting, but looks ok(the first box I've ever built myself) and sounds great. Audio control LC2I LOC(with ACR1 remote), Kenwood Excelon X5001-1 Amp, and JL Audio 13w3v3-2.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost Base Auto
48 Posts
Not something I finished today, but since Gibby posted his, here's my Kicker setup. CXA800.1 w/12" Comp VX.
Took a sheetrock blade and scored the underside of spare tire cover so I can fold it upwards and still get to my spare/jack.
Gibby, disconnect the rear headliner ANC mic if you haven't already (y)
IMG_20200118_141513624.jpg

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Emptied my catchcan, and dumped it out on one of the lower snowbanks next to the driveway, only about 4 feet tall.

Harrumph.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
scored the underside of spare tire cover so I can fold it upwards and still get to my spare/jack
Would love to see a pic of how this turned out. Are you worried about it finishing the job and breaking in half. But yeah, I have the same issue with my box when I try to get at the spare tire well.,

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost Base Auto
48 Posts
Would love to see a pic of how this turned out. Are you worried about it finishing the job and breaking in half. But yeah, I have the same issue with my box when I try to get at the spare tire well.,
Hoping/figuring I won't need to get into the spare tire well too often. If the plastic backing ever does separate, the carpet itself should hold the panel together. Got a compact spare and it's a tight fit when I slipped it into place with the sub sitting slightly over the well. Had to forego installing the jack in the well due to the location of my panel cut. The spare kept hitting the jack and wouldn't slide in. Thinking about removing my sub just to lock the jack down under the spare as intended. In any case, I'll need to move the sub into the back seat so I can transport an SVE wheel/tire in the trunk.

On another thought, in the past I'd spent a good amount of time trying to remedy the same issue with '05 GT. Ended up building an amp rack with cooling fans off the rear deck, keeping it out of the way. Ran a 10" sealed Boston Acoustics that fit in the passenger rear corner, keeping it there with a bolt up through the undercairrage. Very clean and space conserving setup. With my Kicker, I specifically avoided mounting my amp to the box. If need be, I can just remove the speaker wires from the amp to get the sub out.

·
Registered
2018 Ecoboost Premium 201A Kona Blue
17 Posts
Not something I finished today, but since Gibby posted his, here's my Kicker setup. CXA800.1 w/12" Comp VX.
Took a sheetrock blade and scored the underside of spare tire cover so I can fold it upwards and still get to my spare/jack.
Gibby, disconnect the rear headliner ANC mic if you haven't already (y)
View attachment 35796
Its a Vert so I have read conflicting reports on where the ANC mic was. I believe the mic is in the front by the dome/map lights. I am planning on using ForScan and just disabling the feature once my OBD2 cable gets here.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Detailed the car Friday night for a car show 3 hours away in Bradenton that was part of the NMRA event on Saturday. Unfortunately, after only an hour of driving... rain! On and off the rest of the drive. So, mega detailing once I got in and parked. Didn't win anything Saturday, but the drag races were awesome! Went to a local charity car show in Palm Bay the following day on Sunday and snagged an award for Best Mustang 95 to Present!

IMG_0172.jpg IMG_0173.jpg

·
Registered
570 Posts
Looked at it as I walked past to get in my F150.......gonna rain today and I already have summer tires on her! Lol! Wishful thinking right? Lol!

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost Base Auto
48 Posts
Ordered one of these below. Hoping to find a throttle setting that's similar to driving in S, but without the S shift points. Does that make sense?
SpeedForm SEC10 Throttle Response Controller
1583290323043.png

·
Registered
851 Posts
Not ready for the main roads yet (too much salt), and in desperate need of a detail, but I was able to transfer it from my storage garage to main garage at lunch. Even one block in first gear made me smile ha. Time to throw some parts at it and get ready for spring.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I drove it in the rain today, so now it's cleaner than it's been in months.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Got the Steeda progressive lowering springs installed!
Before and afters:

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost Base Auto
48 Posts
Installed a SpeedForm SEC10 throttle response controller. Set in Performance, the orange color, throttle pickup is pretty similar to when driving in "S". There's a bit of a surge if feathering the gas when trying to cruise at a steady rate. Going to give it some more time and try out a couple of the other modes before making a verdict.

IMG_20200304_131034181.jpg

On another note, I was doing the usual under the hood checks when I spotted something. My oem BPV wire connector was touching the Airaid intake tube. There are some pretty deep gouges as a result of engine movement. Worried about breaking the connector. Ended up playing around with the couplers to try and free up some clearance. After a while I gave up and just swapped the oem tube back in. Been planning on getting the GFB DV+ kit, but that will push the wire connection even closer towards the intake tube! I'm wondering if I should be looking into an aftermarket hot-side pipe that will work with the GFB and give me room for the fatter Airaid tube. Anyone else check to see if their BPV wire connector is touching the intake anywhere? Totally open to any ideas/suggestions. Thanks!

IMG_20200304_131816761.jpg
IMG_20200304_174520208.jpg

·
Registered
851 Posts
Got my rear suspension tie downs in the mail. Thanks again @Sarge! Scuffed em up and shot them red to match my other suspension parts to go in. Got some other projects finished up, hopefully can spend some time on the mustang now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost Base Auto
48 Posts
Didn't do anything to the car, but did finally order some stuff!

Cp-e stock location fmic
Injen charge pipes
Mishimoto PCV OCC
Radium dual-baffle PCV plate
GFB DV+
NGK 1-step colder pre-gapped from Tune+
2 x Axial Stage 1 LED map light kits. 1 kit for the maps & another for the trunk and glovebox. All 4 use the same 194 bulb(y)

1661 - 1680 of 1774 Posts