Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1774 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Saved a 16 YO kid in a Camaro from getting a ticket for racing. He was absolute in his want to race me on a very busy street during high traffic hour. I told him I wasn't going to play on the street, there are too many cops here ... sure enough one came up from a side street about the time the kid was going to floor it.

My good deed for the week. Take it to the track kid. :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its a Vert so I have read conflicting reports on where the ANC mic was. I believe the mic is in the front by the dome/map lights. I am planning on using ForScan and just disabling the feature once my OBD2 cable gets here.
I disconnected mine when I installed my sub but I would love to connect it back and disable it in forscan does anyone know where this is in forscan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
851 Posts
Suspension bits installed. I did have to take an inch off the front steeda alignment bushings as the irs tie downs have an inch of bushing material on them. No biggie there. Took maybe an hour to put in the tie downs and vertical links. Still need to torque them though. Ran out of time and didn't have the specs on me. I'll do that quick tonight. Now just gotta put the shifter bracket in and drop it off the jackstands. Then interior work for the short throw shifter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Suspension bits installed. I did have to take an inch off the front steeda alignment bushings as the irs tie downs have an inch of bushing material on them. No biggie there. Took maybe an hour to put in the tie downs and vertical links. Still need to torque them though. Ran out of time and didn't have the specs on me. I'll do that quick tonight. Now just gotta put the shifter bracket in and drop it off the jackstands. Then interior work for the short throw shifter.
View attachment 35886
View attachment 35887
I'm still interested to know if you hear any squeaking with the new vertical links!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm still interested to know if you hear any squeaking with the new vertical links!
Remind me in a couple weeks ha. I'm still a week or two from being back on the roads. I even looked all over when installing to see if they recommend grease and they did not. From what I have read, some of the other materials (delrin and solid bushings) can squeak. These ones (poly) should not. I guess we shall see.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Took the day off today so the short throw shifter and shifter mount are in. Install wasn’t bad. Removal was a bit of a pain. I didn’t remove the console as recommended on the 18+ because I didn’t want to break any clips. Fishing the boot out and back in was the biggest headache and working under the car and not dropping sockets on my face. All in all, looks good and I’m excited for a test drive soon.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Couldn't wait any longer. We had a couple days of intense rain, roads are now fairly clear, and it was decent today. Mustang is back on the road. So far, I love the new shifter and bracket. Nice and tight shifts. Shifts feel more mechanical and "clunky" now (in a good way). You can really feel it engage better I guess is what I'm trying to say. I haven't pushed it hard yet, but so far I'm in love.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Not to make fun of a serious situation, but it seriously takes a pandemic to make me comfortable enough to park just outside my office. Pretty lonely here. Working from home after this morning.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, being stuck at home and finally having a warm day, I installed the Steeda clutch spring. I don't really know how to describe it, but I do like it. It doesn't seem any easier or harder to press the clutch, but it does feel better to shift with it in! Like, before when you were depressing the clutch, towards the end there was a lot of extra space and now that space isn't there and the motion is very smooth. I feel like maybe that'll actually help with the life of the clutch since I'm not sloppily slipping it all the time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Couldn't wait any longer. We had a couple days of intense rain, roads are now fairly clear, and it was decent today. Mustang is back on the road. So far, I love the new shifter and bracket. Nice and tight shifts. Shifts feel more mechanical and "clunky" now (in a good way). You can really feel it engage better I guess is what I'm trying to say. I haven't pushed it hard yet, but so far I'm in love.
View attachment 35912
I haven’t followed this thread very closely lately, so forgive me if it’s already been mentioned, but have you upgraded your trans fluid? My mt82 loves the BG.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I haven’t followed this thread very closely lately, so forgive me if it’s already been mentioned, but have you upgraded your trans fluid? My mt82 loves the BG.
I have not. It’s on my to do list soon though. What is bg?

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Awesome, thanks! This better than royal purple ya think?

I haven’t used Royal Purple so I cant make a fair comparison. That said, the article linked above claims that BG outperformed Royal Purple in their MT82.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I haven’t used Royal Purple so I cant make a fair comparison. That said, the article linked above claims that BG outperformed Royal Purple in their MT82.
Good deal! I didn’t read the article yet, but I will. Thank you. I plan on changing it here in a month or so along with an oil change and possibly fresh plugs. I’ll see how they look.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Awesome, thanks! This better than royal purple ya think?

Putting the Royal Purple tans fluid in mine was the single biggest thing that helped with shift feel. It kept feeling like there was metal on metal scraping as I shifted and ever since I put the royal purple in, it's completely gone! I've had it for 4 years now with no further issues.

1681 - 1700 of 1774 Posts