Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1774 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Putting the Royal Purple tans fluid in mine was the single biggest thing that helped with shift feel. It kept feeling like there was metal on metal scraping as I shifted and ever since I put the royal purple in, it's completely gone! I've had it for 4 years now with no further issues.
Thanks! I'll look into both soon. I'm starting to think anything is better than factory fluid. I'll have plenty of time on my hands. Home from work and we got some snow yesterday. Roads are salted once again, back to square one on spring driving

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Have not posted for a while... but still working on my ride.... latest is I've installed fender vents (pic attached) and took my rear spoiler which was held on with tape and kept coming loose, and essentially gorilla glued it to the bolt on piece of the original wing, giving me a bolt on rear spoiler now. The 2nd pic is before everything was trimmed. The 1st pic shows the fender vents and the rear "bolt-on" spoiler

Fender Vents1.jpg

rear_spolier_bolt_on_3.jpg

·
Registered
714 Posts
Not today but I finally got Line Lock enabled on my EB yesterday... Took about 40-50 minutes and I had to change some ABS as built data to fix an ABS and advancetrac warning.

·
Registered
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
2 Posts
How does the car feel with the turbo kit? I'll be getting the FP turbo, cams and 12 psi wastegate done this spring.
Very quick once the turbo spools. I’m still in the process of datalogging with Adam from Tune+. I’m into the Tune+ E85. Prior to this I was running the Cobb Stage 3 Tune via the accessport.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Very quick once the turbo spools. I’m still in the process of datalogging with Adam from Tune+. I’m into the Tune+ E85. Prior to this I was running the Cobb Stage 3 Tune via the accessport.
Cool. I'm on a COBB stage 3 map. Once I get those goodies put on I'll have PDTUNING tune the car for 93 pump. The 12 psi wastegate is what's really gonna open up the powerband for me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Finally got these bad boys installed.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Those are the basic 'trains of thought' that I've read on this. But its still unclear, because in my mind..."recommended"="required", IF you happen to care anything about the life of your tires. Which, if this is your daily driver, you probably do.

Is there a definitive answer? :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
2,966 Posts
Talk to me about your blue leather inserts. Where did you get them or did you dye it yourself?
The seats are Katzkin, the center console and doors are Redline Goods.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
1701 - 1720 of 1774 Posts