Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1932 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, with all the Quarantine going on, and having to work from home. I have a little extra time, so I went to Ebay and picked up a rear Louver, and the RTR Style Grill lights. I went with the Lights only instead of replacing the grill, thinking it would be a quick easy install just drill a couple holes and screw them in, no need to remove the whole front bumper. Well, that would only of worked if I had arms the size of 5 year old. Not much room to get in behind the grill. Ended up having to take the front end off anyway. Still wasn't too bad, done in a couple hours. Needs a bath, darn bugs here in the midwest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I took a look to the RTR web site, but I didn't find the lights can I mount on the OEM upper grill, plaese can you put the link?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, I corrected my Post, they are RTR style lights. I found them on Ebay.

Yes they mount right to the OEM grill, just need to drill 5 small holes on each side.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just installed a Steeda Clutch Spring. I am probably considering changing it back to stock. Here is a link to my post of my 1st impressions: Steeda Replace Clutch Spring First Impressions. The short is, for a daily driver with 20 minutes of additional stop'n go traffic each way, this may not be the mod for me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ford Performance dirty side catch-can, NGK 6510 plugs bought from TunePlus, and oil change to Mobil1 5W30 with Wix XP filter (car has 2,600 miles currently). Currently daydreaming about what to do next.... intercooler? lightweight wheels?......
I really like my FP dirty side can, it seems super nice and well built. not sure why all the UPR fan boys crap all over it. I posted a pic of me installing it, and nothing but hate from those guys. but I really like it!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I really like my FP dirty side can, it seems super nice and well built. not sure why all the UPR fan boys crap all over it. I posted a pic of me installing it, and nothing but hate from those guys. but I really like it!
Any catch can is better then no catch can. I went with UPR because the dual valve setup means it catches oil on and off boost. I might do the FP clean side can since it's the only one that integrates with the sensor on that side.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any catch can is better then no catch can. I went with UPR because the dual valve setup means it catches oil on and off boost. I might do the FP clean side can since it's the only one that integrates with the sensor on that side.
dude I had people literally trashing it, saying if it isn't UPR its ****, etc. was so bad it was funny since was my car, not me posting on their choices. They seemed really defensive

·
Registered
824 Posts
dude I had people literally trashing it, saying if it isn't UPR its ****, etc. was so bad it was funny since was my car, not me posting on their choices. They seemed really defensive
It looks very OEM like. Some like it if they want the car to have all OEM parts. It seems to do a good job for what it is from what I've heard. Ford didn't come out with it untill I had already done my UPR can otherwise I might have looked at it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
You are correct about the OEM appearance, that's what I really liked/wanted. let me see if I have a photo of it
Your second picture shows the dip stick to have a smudge on it; you might want to take care of that... Jealous much? Yes I am!

·
Registered
72 Posts
You are correct about the OEM appearance, that's what I really liked/wanted. let me see if I have a photo of it
Always like seeing pix of your engine compartment - really nice look!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think it would make sense to trust Ford to engineer a $270 catch-can if you bought a $30K car from them? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Also, just ordered these in 18x9 along with some of the same Goodyear rubber that came stock but in 255/45/18. Total wheel/tire weight should be about 45-46 pounds each. I wanted some additional grip without huge fat tires all around, and this allows me to rotate all tires equally. Plus I wanted to lose as much weight as I could, not add weight.

·
Registered
107 Posts
sorry everyone, I don't check this daily. thanks for the compliments, my cars done though, what is done is done. not adding or taking anything more away.

Its CPE air intake, I really like it, I got it because the fat pipe matches the charge pipes I have for it. Aesthetically, I think its damn awesome. Paid like $300 for it on sale.

1861 - 1880 of 1932 Posts