Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 1932 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
It’s been sometime since I visit the EB forum hope everyone is staying safe. Here are some current changes I made this weekend changed both my yellow pony emblems for one EB badge in the rear deck and a custom pony in front grill plus some other exterior parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
BOV research and development. First video is the classic $50 spacer. BOV opens easily and remains open for extended period of time. you can hear the 'click' when it finally snaps shut. second video is the ecu-controlled TURBOSMART dual port VR2. doesn't open unecessarily and you can see how it closes as pressure subsides. i also have the GFB T9458 VTA but that fit looks dangerously tight and rather keep it unused so i can sell it as NEW on eBay and minimize my loss i guess. but i am really curious so i might fold tomorrow and eat my lesson.

·
Super Moderator
3,067 Posts
Just a wash and gas up on Saturday morning, but I thought it interesting that this was the mileage...

1000 miles to the next oil change...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got the new shoes put on today. Only got to take her for a short test drive, but boy does she stick to the road better. Pardon the dirty car. Motegi MR131 18x9 with 255/45/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric all-season

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Finished up installing the ford performance camshafts:
cant wait to see how these things sound and perform as you really don't hear much about them or people doing them
That's next level stuff beyond my understanding. i like what i read about them tho. Congrats on the install! im interested in hearing about your observations.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's next level stuff beyond my understanding. i like what i read about them tho. Congrats on the install! im interested in hearing about your observations.
it certainly is up there in terms of a labor and skill intensive mod but I really wanted to do it because its a fantastic value (only $180 for the set of cams) and if you've got the motor out of the car like I do: that is an ideal time to do it to make it go easier.

I made a video "tutorial" on swapping the cams for you guys so that guys such as myself who have wrenching experience but are not professional mechanics can get an idea of whats involved in doing this mod so they can make a judgement call on whether or not they are interested in the cam swap mod.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to take it on myself just because I didn't completely understand what all was involved but I took the plunge and im glad I did because it wasn't that bad and I think it will be a great modification!

So im hoping with my video I can help some of you who may be interested in it but not so sure about it make a more informed decision. The video is uploading via my DSL internet right now and I will make a thread for it when it finishes.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Changed out the plugs with new tune+ plugs. This will be the second set from tune+. They don't look too bad but you can definitely tell the car runs a little too rich on the COBB stage 3 map. Car feels so much better with new plugs. Should be getting my security deposit this week so I can finally get tuned by PDTUNING.

·
Registered
824 Posts
So excited! Finally getting the lifetime tuning package today for PDTUNING. Excited to see what gains I'll get from the tune. Hopefully I won't be running so rich after the tune is dialed in. No more cookie cutter or OTS tune...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Finished up installing the ford performance camshafts:

cant wait to see how these things sound and perform as you really don't hear much about them or people doing them
Please let us know what you think about this install and your thoughts about the differences.

·
Registered
2017 Mustang EcoBoost
19 Posts
Cobb accessport and stage 1 91 octane tune. Best hp/tq was 313/352. Here's a picture from right after putting the tune on.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yesterday, I washed and waxed Genie. Installed the eBay iPhone Docking Station then took it on a 250 mile drive around New York State.

Sunset at Sodus Point Beach on Lake Ontario.

Today, cleaned off all the bugs from the drive. :ROFLMAO: Cleaned the Weathertech mats and vacuumed it out before putting the mats back in.

1881 - 1900 of 1932 Posts