Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 1932 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not many things I dislike about my ecoboost, but that horn. What the heck was Ford thinking? Finally got around to doing something about it though. Some creativity and a few bumps, bruises and scratches and got that bad boy swapped out for a dual note. Honestly, that thing was embarrassing. Put a short video together. Check it out.

·
Super Moderator
3,067 Posts
Not many things I dislike about my ecoboost, but that horn. What the heck was Ford thinking? Finally got around to doing something about it though. Some creativity and a few bumps, bruises and scratches and got that bad boy swapped out for a dual note. Honestly, that thing was embarrassing. Put a short video together. Check it out.

yeah, you later car guys got shorted on the horn. 15-17 came with dual tone...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mounted my COBB accessport today

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Installed a JLT intake and Turbosmart dual port blow off valve on the Housemates EcoBoost. Unfortunately, he was sent a faulty BOV and popped bypass valve codes after 10 minutes of driving. I noticed something seemed odd when I wasn't hearing any chu chu noises from the car.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,067 Posts
Watched a video where an EB* went 304 MPH!. Was a funny-looking Mustang. Or was it a Bugatti? Yeah, that's it. Bugatti. Zooom.

*Look at the center of the steering wheel. Is that "EB" or not?
Right, "Ettore Bugatti". When you see an EB badge on a Mustang it's aftermarket. when you see one like that with the E backwards, it's either a Bugatti, or copyright infringement.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Did my logs on the base tune but forgot to turn off traction control and split the logs into two separate logs so I'll have to redo them. Noticed some knock in cyl 4 on wot pull. Not sure if that's anything to be concerned about. Cyl 1 had no knock on the same pull.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Installed some Steeda motor mounts and Boomba trans mount. The motor mounts are a bit of a pain to install and the charge pipes need some adjustments to take advantage of the ability to lower the engine, so it's sitting at stock height right now. I do love the feel of all three mounts much better than factory, but it does result in a lot more NVH for anyone concerned with that.

Also, for anyone installing the motor mounts, the design makes it really simple to adjust the height IF you don't let the lower bushing fall into the subframe. If you do that, you'll basically have to go through the install process again, I know from experience. The lower part falls off easily, so I'll be making something that will fit into the gap to hold it in place whenever I get around to lowering the engine again.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
81 Posts
Went out to clean the inner barrels of my SVEs and add another coat of wax. Been toying with the idea of adding some emblems. Researched various arrangements, but found most to be too large/gaudy and bound to fit poorly on the contours of the fender area. Went with these low-profile, low-key aluminum Ecoboost dash placards I found on Ebay.

IMG_20200525_130827867.jpg
IMG_20200525_130747609.jpg IMG_20200525_130649382.jpg

1901 - 1920 of 1932 Posts