Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

What did you do to your Mustang Ecoboost today?

440K views 4K replies 243 participants last post by  DRU842 
#1 ·
The title says it all. I enjoy seeing what other people are doing. It helps with ideas for new projects. I couldn't find this type of thread on this forum, so let's get it going...

#5 ·
Ok, I guess I’ll go first. I put this gloss black ford logo on my engine cover. I’ll be ordering the MMD radiator extension covers and the strut tower covers this weekend
View attachment 23981
How's the decal set on the engine cover holding up? I put a Grabber Blue set on mine about 2 months ago and everytime I left the hood some portion of it is lifting. Don't think it will last much longer.

Dave

#6 ·
Today I drove my ecoboost through heavy traffic to work... As I do every time I have to work. :D

#9 · (Edited)
Well, now that you ask... This morning I took her out for some 1/8 mile tests.
View attachment 24009

Later this evening I decided to start removing the plasti-dip off my wheels because of peeling and the overall dull look. I only got one wheel done tonight in gloss black though. (Disregard the discoloration of the caliper. That's a whole different story and will be resolved soon.)
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Tire Rim

Tomorrow... well, at 9am I have a scheduled test drive in this 2017 GT350. Why you may ask...? Because my sales rep called me and asked me too :)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Shelby mustang Performance car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Performance car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Performance car

#11 ·
Well, now that you ask... This morning I took her out for some 1/8 mile tests.
View attachment 24009

Later this evening I decided to start removing the plasti-dip off my wheels because of peeling and the overall dull look. I only got one wheel done tonight in gloss black though. (Disregard the discoloration of the caliper. That's a whole different story and will be resolved soon.)
View attachment 24011

Tomorrow... well, at 9am I have a scheduled test drive in this 2017 GT350. Why you may ask...? Because my sales rep called me and asked me too :)
View attachment 24015 View attachment 24017 View attachment 24019 View attachment 24021
I don’t know how you can possibly test drive that GT350 and not want to take it home. Congratulations on your new car. We will miss you on the Ecoboost forum :D

#16 · (Edited)
Wow. They don't even match their own wheels. :eek:
If youre replying to mine, i didnt get the wheels at the same time. But still, if you need to replace a wheel it may not even be close. I just didnt expect them to be this far off in color.

I fixed the one myself, but I feel like I did much a better job as just an amateur painter without having any paint matching computers.. Still not perfect but close enough for now.

Attachments

#18 ·
Took it to the dragstrip. One of our local tracks was sold this year and shut down for the month of June to do some upgrades. What a difference! The pits are now paved, the lanes were completely repaved and new bathrooms are going in. The new timing boards aren't up yet, but the old track didn't even have those. They were running a pro tree today and I wasn't quite ready for it when I made my first pass.

Car ran pretty well. Was 13.8 to 14.0 all day - and it is still in the "as built and delivered" state. The only change I have made so far is a different grille. No tuning yet.

#19 ·
Still data logging the car for the tuner. She definitely has woke up especially above 3k rpm. It's fun feeling the improvements after each update

Reactions: hectwo and Doc69
#23 ·
Put a vented oil cap on the engine. Easiest "mod" ever. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

#26 ·
Swapped over to the RE-71 track tires. Taking the "monkey" to the shop tomorrow to do a "nut & bolt" inspection (tech inspection) and check the alignment prior to Saturday's Time Trial event at MSR Cresson

Reactions: ZStang and zhent
#39 ·
#44 ·
Still making tuning adjustments with PD Tuning. Version 6 uploaded and ready for datalogging.