Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mustang, 2021 Bronco Sport BB
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FNG here. Been up since 11pm looking at crap so excuse my mis-steps please.

I’ve got a 2016 eco boost.
I have the FP tune, CAI and resonator delete / Y pipe replace.
Do I, upgrade the down pipe (how does that play with the FP tune? Get a Cobb? Recommend a different tune?)

I know I need a larger intercooler. Recommendations?
Why am I trying to go faster when my trunk won’t open? (Damn ford and their stupid short trunk wiring) that last part is rhetorical…

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
As for the intercooler, it depends on your goals!?? For street use, just about any aftermarket intercooler is better than the OEM, look for one that is a direct fit (no modifications needed). If you plan on running at the track, I recommend the CVF race intercooler sold by Engineering Motorsport Solutions (with the replacement charge pipes)!

·
Registered
530 Posts
As for the intercooler, it depends on your goals!?? For street use, just about any aftermarket intercooler is better than the OEM, look for one that is a direct fit (no modifications needed). If you plan on running at the track, I recommend the CVF race intercooler sold by Engineering Motorsport Solutions (with the replacement charge pipes)!
What would be the benefit of buying from EMS, when one can buy direct from CVF to replace their OEM intercooler?

Oh, and welcome FNG with the CAI! All these acronyms are fun...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why am I trying to go faster when my trunk won’t open? (Damn ford and their stupid short trunk wiring) that last part is rhetorical…
[/QUOTE]
🤔umm (since it won't open)
You can't put anything in there which means your already light as a feather and ready to race?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unless that body is still in there... :eek:
[/QUOTE]

<parks vehicle by crusher, gets out and quietly walks away.....> 🕴

·
Registered
66 Posts
FNG here. Been up since 11pm looking at crap so excuse my mis-steps please.

I’ve got a 2016 eco boost.
I have the FP tune, CAI and resonator delete / Y pipe replace.
Do I, upgrade the down pipe (how does that play with the FP tune? Get a Cobb? Recommend a different tune?)

I know I need a larger intercooler. Recommendations?
Definitely upgrade your intercooler, and get yourself an oil catch can.

·
Registered
66 Posts
^^^ THIS ^^^
Just my opinion, keep things simple and clean unless you want a completely built car. Go FBO, springs and wheels. So, you can just enjoy your car. I've had built cars and the constant repairs, maintenance and new parts took the fun out of driving it. Keep your car safe, reliable and clean(meaning simple and looking good). This is just my opinion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here's an acronym list:
1.FBO-Full Bolt-On
2.CAI-Cold Air Intake
3.BOV-Blow Off Valve
4.FP-Ford Performance
5.TBE-Turbo Back Exhaust
6.DP-DownPipe
7.COBB AP-COBB AccessPort
8.OEM-Original Equipment Manufacturer
9.FMI-Front Mount Intercooler
Guys feel free to add anything else

·
Registered
28 Posts
.....Guys feel free to add anything else
[/QUOTE]
Ok.....
Microphone Hat Cap Beard Performing arts

😆 Microphone Hat Cap Beard Performing arts
AAAAAAAAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
.....Guys feel free to add anything else
Ok..... View attachment 41537
😆 View attachment 41537 AAAAAAAAAA!!!! AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
[/QUOTE]
Depending on where you live/drive, I was recommend getting some suspension mods. I got the Steeda handling kit (progressive springs and upgraded sway bars) along with a strut tower brace, and it got rid of A LOT of body roll and made my car feel so much better in the corners. If you drive in the twisties, this is a no brainer. Totally changed the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts