Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my Downpipe to go with my exhaust just unsure what will go good and still sound good with this exhaust. Also should I cut out the 2.5 to do a full 3inch exhaust?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Can we assume you have upgraded your intercooler? If not that should be one of you first mods. Go with CVF catted downpipe and a full 3" exhaust and then a tune.

Reactions: cvf-jason

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'd recommend going with 3" from the turbo (including 200 cell min. catalytic converter) to the 3" Y - 2.5" reducing pipe assembly/manifold into your existing aftermarket 2.5" dual pipe system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can we assume you have upgraded your intercooler? If not that should be one of you first mods. Go with CVF catted downpipe and a full 3" exhaust and then a tune.
Yea I have yet to do the intercooler was debating to do the downpipe r the intercooler first what do you recommend next?
I have done a c&l cia, flow master full cat back American thunder, turbosmart bov, ngk plugs, custom 93 octane tune from unleashed .

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looking to upgrade my Downpipe to go with my exhaust just unsure what will go good and still sound good with this exhaust. Also should I cut out the 2.5 to do a full 3inch exhaust?
Actually I believe it's 2.25 and not 2.50. I have the CVF catted downpipe with the OEM 2.25 connection. This makes it a direct replacement part vs. a high performance part that increases flow. Direct replacement parts are more warranty friendly.

Reactions: cvf-jason

·
Registered
703 Posts
Do you have a data logger? If so, you can run some test and analysis the results (charge temps, etc.). Then make your decision, based on data....

·
Registered
258 Posts
After the resonator, our stock exhaust splits into two 2.25" pipes and back to the 2 mufflers. Two 2.25" pipes will flow more exhaust than a single 3.0" pipe.
Given all of that, rather than buying a catback exhaust, I would go to an exhaust shop, have them remove and straight pipe the rear mufflers, and replace the resonator with a straight through muffler, like a magnaflow 12268. Also, this is lighter than having 2 mufflers. This typically costs $500 or less, and they do all of the work for you. I can't believe the money people pay, for prepackaged catback exhausts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts