Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please keep in mind that I'm 3 months new into this modification side of the mustang ecoboost.

Anyone know what the best company/option for around 600hp would be? Or what company offers a better quality engine build?
Below are some links to motors I've found;

What's the difference between a Shortblock and Longblock? is a Longblock just with the cylinder head that comes with it?
I ask this because I'm in the market for buying a new engine to increase the output of my Ecoboost. I've been doing a ton of research but still need some advice.
Along with a new engine, what other modifications should I include to support a newer higher HP engine?
High performance radiator (CSF)?
performance oil pump(mountune)?
performance fuel pump (Xtreme-DI Ford EcoBoost HPFP)?
engine oil cooler(mishimoto)?
BorgWarner EFR 8474 Turbo :)
Should I upgrade the driveshaft or halfshafts, or anything to upgrade on the automatic transmission, so nothing goes POP in between the engine and wheels?
I already have the intercooler, suspension, brakes, and chassis/bushing supports lined up for purchase.

Rob.

·
Registered
670 Posts
What's the difference between a Shortblock and Longblock? is a Longblock just with the cylinder head that comes with it? Yes

Along with a new engine, what other modifications should I include to support a newer higher HP engine? Downpipe, full exhaust, turbo, intercooler, rear axles, one piece driveshaft, aftermarket mechanical cam driven high pressure fuel pump, BOV. That's a good start.
High performance radiator (CSF)? Not needed
performance oil pump(mountune)? Not needed
engine oil cooler(mishimoto)? Can't hurt
BorgWarner EFR 8474 Turbo :) I like the Precision stuff but it's all good.

Rob.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Guys, thanks for the replies.
I'm leaning more towards either the TunePlus block, or the Esslinger racing block.

I'm pretty sure I'll need a better performing oil pump since the Mishimoto reduces oil psig by 4-6, stock is around 87 at 5000rpm. and a better cooler radiator than the stock not PP ecoboost radiator. If I'm headed to the track every other weekend, and continuously being above or around the 5krpm range, better oil squirting will be needed :), and better cooling will be needed with the radiator. please see the link; Mountune High Pressure Oil Pump - Ford EcoBoost 2.0L and 2.3L

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
This is my engine, 3 weeks out.

·
Registered
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Performance
49 Posts
What do you guys think about the Barra swap? I been reading about the Barra swap.I wanna do it so bad, the more I see it and hear the engine note. I've been checking a few places that offer it and the prices aren't to bad unless you want a1000+ hp build

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
What do you guys think about the Barra swap? I been reading about the Barra swap.I wanna do it so bad, the more I see it and hear the engine note. I've been checking a few places that offer it and the prices aren't to bad unless you want a1000+ hp build
Just looked into it. It seems like a fun rewarding project, but the less space and cost to work everything around it, and customize many items, will probably be a bigger hassle than dropping in a "meant for mustang" built motor. But again, would be a fun build. I'm looking to make a little more than 600 whp so when I see a gt/Bullitt/gt350/mach1 I can show em' up, so the above options are just what I need.

Anyone else have thoughts on the best motor to get? Leaning towards tuneplus right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts