Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, cp-e Intercooler, Airaid Intake, SCT Tune.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently blew my turbo and I planned to upgrade my turbo anyway, so I guess im doing it now. What would be some good options. This is a daily, I have a cp-e Intercooler, airaid intake, and a tune, looking to make about 425whp.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I recently blew my turbo and I planned to upgrade my turbo anyway, so I guess im doing it now. What would be some good options. This is a daily, I have a cp-e Intercooler, airaid intake, and a tune, looking to make about 425whp.
Look at the Ford performance turbo. It's the one From the HPP ecoboost Mustang. It's a small upgrade from the factory one but should easily allow you to reach the 420 HP mark. Just be aware the engine internals cant take much more then about 400 HP.

·
Registered
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, cp-e Intercooler, Airaid Intake, SCT Tune.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at the Ford performance turbo. It's the one From the HPP ecoboost Mustang. It's a small upgrade from the factory one but should easily allow you to reach the 420 HP mark. Just be aware the engine internals cant take much more then about 400 HP.
I keep hearing different number, some say the internals can handle 490 to 520

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I keep hearing different number, some say the internals can handle 490 to 520
On the stock block, that’s a sure fire ecoboom waiting to happen. Stock block head studs are a weak link, and it’s also a open deck design. You can absolutely get that much HP if you threw enough mods at it, but unless your engine is built out, it will probably blow at some point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts