Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, 6-speed manual, premium
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was doing a little scanning and wondered if anyone could give a solid explanation for this.
How does the 2022 ecoboost stang do a 5.1 second 0-60 time? I thought the previous standard was something like 6.3 seconds.
I mean that is huge! I'm no racer but love being able to sprint to highway speed. With my mods, very little practice, and all seasons tires on my 2016 I can barely break a 6 second 0-60. So I'm wondering how Ford did this one so well right out of the box!

·
Registered
680 Posts
It's all about conditions. The numbers you see are usually done in the most perfect of conditions, not on the street. Btw, I've seen the 2016 tested at 5.5 seconds. You and I may never hit those numbers, mainly because of one factor - we shift our own gears. It's a known fact that the automatics are just plain quicker. Also, 2018+ models got a bump in torque to 350, vs your 320 for 2015-17.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I don't know about 6.3. I would question the tune. Are you stock or tuned? Because that sounds a tad bit slow for even stock.

But IMHO, the 10 speed automatic transmission knocked a good half second off the "general" 0-60 time. Whenever you see those crazy fast times, its usually with the 10 speed auto. In my eyes, that was the difference maker.

I have a 2016 with the 6 speed auto, tuned with FP. My fastest 0-60 is consistently about 5.5 seconds. 5.6 or 5.7 if I don't get that good launch.

·
Registered
2016 ecoboost premium
82 Posts
Hey all, I was doing a little scanning and wondered if anyone could give a solid explanation for this.
How does the 2022 ecoboost stang do a 5.1 second 0-60 time? I thought the previous standard was something like 6.3 seconds.
I mean that is huge! I'm no racer but love being able to sprint to highway speed. With my mods, very little practice, and all seasons tires on my 2016 I can barely break a 6 second 0-60. So I'm wondering how Ford did this one so well right out of the box!

the 10 speed auto makes a big difference compaired to the 6 speed in the older cars. And as hard as it is to say the 10 speed auto is generally faster than a manual transmission even with a great driver.

Reactions: MD18EcoStang

·
Registered
2016 Mustang Ecoboost, 6-speed manual, premium
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I guess I'm at a disadvantage driving manual then :(
I'm currently running a 5 star tune with my mods and I'm pretty sure my tires are my next concern that keep me from hooking up real well.
Has anyone managed to get low 5s with a stick shift??

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang 6MT HPP/HP
119 Posts
Thanks for all the replies! I guess I'm at a disadvantage driving manual then :(
I'm currently running a 5 star tune with my mods and I'm pretty sure my tires are my next concern that keep me from hooking up real well.
Has anyone managed to get low 5s with a stick shift??
Factory numbers for the HPP are 4.5 seconds with the auto and I remember seeing both 4.9 and 5.1 seconds with the 6 speed. Car and Driver got 5.0 seconds wiht teh 6 speed in their Supra comparison test. The auto can brake torque the engine to build boost before launch. So for the 6 speed, figure a half a second to build boost then about equal.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Factory numbers for the HPP are 4.5 seconds with the auto and I remember seeing both 4.9 and 5.1 seconds with the 6 speed. Car and Driver got 5.0 seconds wiht teh 6 speed in their Supra comparison test. The auto can brake torque the engine to build boost before launch. So for the 6 speed, figure a half a second to build boost then about equal.
The 10R80 auto, also has a factory trans brake, which can be activated with a common tuning device. Hard to beat technology...

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,164 Posts
You have launch control and flat foot shifting with a manual and common tuning device also

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
Follow my Instagram @ boosted . jt
70 Posts
Its pretty simple, the 10R80 transmission is just ridiculous lmao

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't want to get flamed for this, but I have a 2019 manual Mustang and a 2019 Ranger, both have the Ford tune, aftermarket exhaust and air intake ...... the Ranger " feels " faster. I doubt that it is, but as much as I like to shift for myself the 10 speed auto is a great transmission.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts