Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm at the US for some weeks and I want to purchase some parts. Take in mind that I'm from Europe and there's almost NOTHING related to this cars there.

What you guys recommend getting? I already bought the spark plugs from Adam, the diode dynamics RGB DRL and I'm planning on getting a catch can (I'm thinking on getting the boomba one as the mishimoto is out of stock)

Is there anything that I'm missing that could fit inside a suitcase?

Just to clarify, only for the diode dynamics and spark plugs I'm saving about 300$ on taxes and shipping, so it's a big deal ;).

Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Commenting to follow the post here! Eventually want to get some stuff for mine as well. Would love to see the Diode DRLs once you have them on!

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Some ideas of things that will fit in your suitcase....

- FP Hood struts
- Chrome fuse box cover
- Chrome master brake cylinder cover
- Brushed Aluminium A/C vent covers
- Strut tower covers (Chrome / matt black or carbon fibre)
- Metal coolant reservoir or black ABS plastic cover for the stock one
- Chrome or carbon fibre fluid caps - Oil, washer, brake fluid, coolant
- Pony emblems / fender badges
- Seat belt guides (Fit on headrest posts).
- Custom gear shifter knob
- GT350 steering wheel
- Mustang car mats
- Paddle shifter stick on extension levers (If you have an auto transmission)
- Mustang windshield sun shade (with Pony emblem)
- K&N oiled air filter (or dry filter) if you have stock airbox.
- Cobb Accessport (if you want to tune your car)
- Catch can
- Carbon fibre coin tray for console
- Side window louvers
- Diode Dynamics LED rear side markers
- Drake fuel lid door (In various designs)
- Roush or Cervini exterior side scoops
- Drake rear side splitter winglets
- Red engine "Stop/start" button cover

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm thinking on getting the boomba one as the mishimoto is out of stock)
Awesome! I see you read up on catchcans! I was meaning to send you some info after we spoke if you still needed it. But its a good idea for these cars. The Boomba is a really good choice.

PS - There's a full-moon rooftop party at the Citadel tomorrow. I might go. DM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I got the boomba can, it's a nice piece. Well made. Their machine work is top notch.

·
Super Moderator
6,221 Posts
Check out Boomba Racing -- they have loads of dress-up items for under the hood.
MMR and Anchor Room also have goodies that'll fit in your suitcase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Squid, I hope you don't mind answering a question for me. I read an another web site that the ecoboost mustang only requires a driver's side catch can. I have also read a lot of posts of people saying that a dual catch can is needed. Single or duel?

Thanks.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Squid, I hope you don't mind answering a question for me. I read an another web site that the ecoboost mustang only requires a driver's side catch can. I have also read a lot of posts of people saying that a dual catch can is needed. Single or duel?

Thanks.
I think if you run the car hard or track it regularly you probably want a dual. For typical use you probably only need the driver's side, and there are those (me amongst them and who drive pretty gently) who are not convinced you need one at all (although I have a Mishimoto kit sitting on my bench).

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I run the "Ford Performance" catch can solution, which is basically a TWO catchcan solution, one connecting to my "drivers/vaccuumside" PCV outlet, and the other connecting to my "passenger/boostside" PCV outlet. The vaccuumside, as its name states, is used when the car is in vaccuum and needs to ventilate any excess pressure, and the "boostside" is used when the car is in boost (as there is a valve in the vaccuumside that will close during boost). Ford Performance is the only catchcan solution for the boostside that doesn't "cheat" the PCV system by attaching an extra line for vaccuum at the mouth of the turbo. That being said, I really don't think a solution for the boostside is really needed. I have been running the boostside now for at least 5 or 6 months, and I have yet to see any real collection of 'residue' there. However, on the vaccuumside, I get a good inch and half every 5K miles. I'm sure that has to do with the amount of time the car is in vaccuum vs boost (think maybe 90-10?). Also, since the boostside connection is near the top of the block, I think its harder for residue to escape and not get caught in the baffling. Vaccuumside is near the bottom, where I'm sure there is an awful lot of 'slinging' going on. Just my thoughts.

IMO, you ONLY need a vaccuumside solution. You don't need a dual....and you don't need to run two with the FP. Boomba, UPR, etc. all those guys make a good vaccuumside solution.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sky's the limit brother. Mod away! Remember your car is several systems working together. You have to upgrade all in stages to get a balanced ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts