Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of project 6gr wheels and the front they are 20x10 and the back a 20x11. Anyone know what tire size i could run without rubbing?

·
Registered
2019 EB PP
39 Posts
There are a few variable besides rim size alone. Take look at Fitment Industries gallery for some ideas

·
Registered
885 Posts
Provided offset is correct, you can run whatever will fit optimally on the rim. Look at sights like tirerack for desired rim sizes by tire width. Myself, I'm running 19x10/11 with 285's and 325's respectively. When they wear out, I may go a little narrower in the rear to decrease just a touch of bulge. Probably a 305 or 315.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm running Project 6GR 10-spoke wheels, with the 10" in front and 11" in rear. I'm running 285's in front and 305's in rear, although I believe I could have gone wider in the rear with more offset. I am also running Eibach Sportline Springs, so lowered about 1.5". No rubbing issues. Picture attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'm running Project 6GR 10-spoke wheels, with the 10" in front and 11" in rear. I'm running 285's in front and 305's in rear, although I believe I could have gone wider in the rear with more offset. I am also running Eibach Sportline Springs, so lowered about 1.5". No rubbing issues. Picture attached.
Not to hijack, but what brand tires? And do you like them? I like my coopers, but the rear is a bit "buldgey" at 325. Not to bad, but a 305 would probably tuck better and be more solid through a corner. Also, its impossible to notice, but the aspect ratio on these 325's makes the overall diameter slightly smaller than the 285's in the front. That drives me nuts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm running the Nitto NT555 G2 tires Jake. They fit really well. Admittedly, I've only had them on for a few months, but haven't had any rubbing issues at all. The sidewall lines up pretty straight as well.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Good to hear, thanks! I've heard good things about them. Price point isn't too bad for such a big tire either, which is always good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes sir. I've been happy with them so far, although I haven't really had a chance to go out and push hard in the corners or anything since I've had them. I'm betting their probably sticky enough for me, as I'm just out on the road rather that doing Autocross or track. (Would love to do that someday, although would need to add a rollbar for track use...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts