Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I’m kinda stuck right now on where to go next with my ecoboost. Looking for more HP So far I have the Ford tune, mishimoto intercooler, 3” Mbrp exhaust with 3” catted downpipe

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm not sure you can do much that will give you power gains without moving on from the FP tune. At least, that's my guess. I don't think that tune really accounts for your downpipe upgrade.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Question is, what are you going to do with your EB?.

Reactions: zhent

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure you can do much that will give you power gains without moving on from the FP tune. At least, that's my guess. I don't think that tune really accounts for your downpipe upgrade.
I did feel a power difference but I really didn’t want to retune

·
Super Moderator
3,117 Posts
I think what Vicr is getting at, and what the rest of us are waiting for, is...

Aside from being your daily driver, what is it that you want to get out of the car? If you don't want to re-tune, then I would recommend putting the stock downpipe back on and just driving it. With the Ford tune you're not getting the additional power from it as it is.

Since your only goal is "more HP" you're going to have to re-tune to get it. For more power you're going to need to get into more serious bolt ons first (wastegate actuator comes to mind), then upgraded fuel, maybe a big turbo, but all of it will require professional tuning. If you're wanting to maintain the Ford tune to "keep warranty" then you're done now. If you have some other goal in mind, like a specific time in the 1/4 mile, or a specific top speed, or a particular lap time around a specific track, or autocross, or... Well, I hope you get the point. We need better information about your goals.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I did feel a power difference but I really didn’t want to retune
Well, you basically already sunk money into a single tune, stage 1 option that has little to no flexibility to be tweaked for additional aftermarket enhancements. Moving on from that will feel like you've lost that money. I appreciate that. However, I see lots of people on this forum who are happy with stage 1 level performance.
You may be able to make some additional performance improvements by focusing elsewhere, and that's why folks are asking what you want to do with your car. Since you say only daily driving, I'm thinking you just want a noticably more powerful car, and I don't believe you're going to get there without another tune. However, there are still a lot of things you can do to improve your car's performance, and that is in the area of suspension and stability, which is a road I've yet to go down, but I do plan to some day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think what Vicr is getting at, and what the rest of us are waiting for, is...

Aside from being your daily driver, what is it that you want to get out of the car? If you don't want to re-tune, then I would recommend putting the stock downpipe back on and just driving it. With the Ford tune you're not getting the additional power from it as it is.

Since your only goal is "more HP" you're going to have to re-tune to get it. For more power you're going to need to get into more serious bolt ons first (wastegate actuator comes to mind), then upgraded fuel, maybe a big turbo, but all of it will require professional tuning. If you're wanting to maintain the Ford tune to "keep warranty" then you're done now. If you have some other goal in mind, like a specific time in the 1/4 mile, or a specific top speed, or a particular lap time around a specific track, or autocross, or... Well, I hope you get the point. We need better information about your goals.
I get it I’m going to need a re tune to make more power. I’m just tired of losing to hemi chargers smh and ss camaros. If I could be up there with GT HP I might be getting somewhere

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you guys point me in the direction of what time I should get with my mods and I’m actually looking at doing the wastegate as well. I’m basically looking to drive in a straight line to beat my rivals the charger and camaro

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will I need to do anything to cancel out my tune or can I just plug and play the Cobb? I run 93 octane only

·
Registered
224 Posts
Your rivals are V8s... I may get dinged for saying this on here, but maybe you should have bought a GT. :p

Are you racing them on the street?? :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your rivals are V8s... I may get dinged for saying this on here, but maybe you should have bought a GT. :p

Are you racing them on the street?? :eek:
Yup but no they only beat me by less than a car length so to hell with their v8. I just need a little more power

·
Registered
181 Posts
Some other items to consider: New intake or at least drop in filter, 1 step colder spark plugs, and an upgraded DV/BOV.
After that I recommend the Cobb Tuner with at least the stage 3 tune. Then if you wanted you could get a custom tune and upgrade the wastegate actuator. That will pretty much max you out on horsepower with bolt-ons. I'm destroying charger and challenger hemi's on the streets...not even close. Losing some power now though getting into spring/summer temperatures.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some other items to consider: New intake or at least drop in filter, 1 step colder spark plugs, and an upgraded DV/BOV.
After that I recommend the Cobb Tuner with at least the stage 3 tune. Then if you wanted you could get a custom tune and upgrade the wastegate actuator. That will pretty much max you out on horsepower with bolt-ons. I'm destroying charger and challenger hemi's on the streets...not even close. Losing some power now though getting into spring/summer temperatures.
Awesome thats what I was looking for thanks man. I’ve been looking at these exact things for my EB

·
Registered
168 Posts
There’s an old saying in the performance car world: “There is no substitute for cubic inches”. If you want to compete with CI you need CI. Like Clint said: “ a man has got to know his limitations”. when I bought my Eco I could have bought a Z06 Vette but with a motorhome and upcoming retirement I wanted car I could mod and have fun with on the track for a reasonable price and decent gas mileage. When I’m done with my build I‘ll be competition road track ready for well under 30k.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts