Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you trading in a vehicle on the new Mustang, let us know what you will be ditching!

·
Registered
37 Posts
probably will be ditching my 2012 Kia Optima SX Turbo... currently at 10.5k miles.... Its been many years since i had a mustang and the new one finally caught my eye after nearly 10 years.... Lets see whats happens...

Reactions: RedRoush

·
Registered
14 Posts
probably will be ditching my 2012 Kia Optima SX Turbo... currently at 10.5k miles.... Its been many years since i had a mustang and the new one finally caught my eye after nearly 10 years.... Lets see whats happens...
I will be selling or trading in my 13 Focus ST3 I have enjoyed it for 2 summers garage stored for winter I hate too part with it but I really miss rear wheel drive and want a V8 again after V6's and I4's for the last 10 years. I will buy a yellow or ruby red GT with performance pack and manual shift.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will be selling or trading in my 13 Focus ST3 I have enjoyed it for 2 summers garage stored for winter I hate too part with it but I really miss rear wheel drive and want a V8 again after V6's and I4's for the last 10 years. I will buy a yellow or ruby red GT with performance pack and manual shift.
I have changed my mind I don't want to give up the ST. I am going to keep it as my DD, and after I pay off the ST I will buy a 15 or 16 MUSTANG GT. So I will have a 5.0 V8 and a EcoBoost I4.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Traded in my 2013 Tuxedo Black SHO. Great car, but BIG! Really didn't need a car that big. Traded my 2011 GT/CS on the SHO and decided it was time to go back. Loved the EB in the SHO and wanted to give the Mustang EB a shot. So far, after 1000 miles and month of driving it, I am very happy. She is parked now due to a snow storm. We are using the Jeep.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Traded in my 13 ford focus se sedan, 20,030 miles on it and don't miss it a bit

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am considering trading in my 26,000 mile 2008 GT California Special (#4918 out of 4,918 GT/CS coupes built that year, and #1278 of 1,278 in Dark Candy Apple Red). Got a generous trade-in number towards a '15 EcoBoost Premium: "Magnetic" color , Auto, 20" summer tires, enhanced security package. Am not crazy about the tires for this Rocky Mountain climate, but I was fortunate to never have to drive the '08 if there were snowflakes in the forecast.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
I have a 2012 gt and got rid of it 6 months before I got my ecoboost and have had no regrets and I just got a base model with painted wheels. Don't miss the gt at all

·
Registered
288 Posts
I traded in my 2006 GTO, the car did nothing for me. I explained it as almost to good of a car it pretty much drove itself. Just wasn't fun to drive.

·
Super Moderator
6,320 Posts
I traded in my 2006 GTO, the car did nothing for me. I explained it as almost to good of a car it pretty much drove itself. Just wasn't fun to drive.
Oh man. That's one o' my bucket list cars. Especially with the 6.0L :confused:

Oh and to stay on topic. . .I traded nothing. Sold my '03 Pony package 'vert and my '04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 myself. Got way more for them than the dealer would give me.

Did find one interesting note ... In the state of Texas, if you trade a car in, the value of that trade is taken off the taxable value of the new car. If you sell it yourself and apply that money to the new car, you're screwed, you are taxed on the full value of the vehicle.

(This draws massive vacuum)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah it was fun but every mod for it was $1,000,000, and it was just boring to drive. It took the driver ability away from the driver. That's why it blows my mind all these kids are crashing them left and right. Easiest car ever to drive.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts