Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
So yeah Ford gives us 5 years but financing takes 7 years to pay off. With that being said especially when you only have 27000 miles on the OD and still about a year left of payments to complete why the hell would I ever pay a penny to repair a car that I am still on the hook to pay off. Ford needs to really rethink warranty and line it up with finance cause I pay Ford Credit directly for the car and well if they don't work with me they can take the car back which of course is a win for them. But the way I see it why bother taking back more junk when your already trying to get rid of cars from the lot and start selling out your next model year on a clearance. I mean come on now this is exactly the kind of thinking that has our planet screaming for us to stop. Has anyone noticed that Texas is freezing, Japan is sinking into the ocean along with Puerto Rico and the planet is actually trying to kill us all with CoVid. We need automakers to get us in the car and keep us in the car and create new financing options that better assist those of us that want to keep the dang car instead of ways to take the car away from Americans that are already scrapping for pennies every hour of labor that passes by. We know Ford doesn't pay the mechanics $95 dollars and hour to work on our cars so lets really squeeze them for help. I mean they beg the government for relief every chance they get but when do we get to beg for an out of warranty fix on a car that puts money back in the governments hands when we pass or fail inspection or register the car every two years or get ****ty mileage and dump gallons of gas back into the car. How about the tickets we pay when we speed or park on the wrong side of the road, tolls etc. They are bleeding us dry and telling us hey your warranty is up. F that, tell that to the guys in asia that are buy up all the ecoboost mustangs not the Americans building them and trying to stay American when it comes to purchasing a car. Why is my Toyota cheaper to buy new and cheaper to keep and fill with gas. Why does it have a longer logical warranty period, and why aren't they asking for government bail outs. We need to really start squeezing our dealerships and putting our foot down warranty or not. Blue book on 2015 stang is $17000 I paid $37000 5 years ago at the dealer they got there money worth and some when your the original title holder and driver you need to realize you took the hit and the kick in the nuts when you bought it new so that some other cheapskate can buy your baby from some corner store used car lot for 15000 and say hahahahaha I got a mustang with 27000 miles on it now im going to crash it into a wall and modify the hell out of it so when I drive by it sounds like gunshots and piss off the neighbors while im at it. Sorry for the rant but man is our Auto industry in bad shape. But damn do I like a nice vintagish retro Mustang. I am not a fan of Tesla at all electrification is alright but where are all the damn solar panels man I mean the Gas turbines are working overtime now hope acid rain isn't in the forecast this summer thanks to all the damn charging ports we need to run to get these poor mileage electric cars to move 300 feet. I mean damn FORD its called H2 why don't you just build a mustang that runs on hydrogen instead of following the foot steps of the dystopian warlord elon musk who probably has an ED209 in front of his house defending his cybertruck. I mean god the guy thinks CYBERPUNK2077 is a great game. People I play the game and love the game but its a scary future and one that ELON Musk will be propelling us into in lets see when is the next 300 Satellites set to be launched into space by Space X. I will see you guys in the future and its not looking bright but it sure is bright with the top down and the gears up. PEACE in the MIDDLE EAST!!!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
PS if my mustang ecoboost went ecoboom I would just put better gas duhhh. Premium gas preferred says it on the drivers side panel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really like my 2015 ecoboost PP 6 speed, fun to drive, looks great, the only mods I've done are airaid tube into stock air box and y pipe. Got this car 6 months with 60k.
I have never had a car that I was afaid to drive because it could just blow up, it cost a ton to replace a defective AC system every 4 years, head gaskets and the list just keeps going. I blame Ford for all these problems that they have made and they know they have these problems and don't do much to fix them.
I guess I am overreacting, I like all the ecoboost forums but If I had never read them I would be a happy motorist. Any way if it blows I'll but a chevy LS1 engine in it, they are a low priced lightweight dependable engine, after all hot rodder's have been putting Chevy engines in Fords forever.
The age of the purist has come to an end this is why I don't race my stang against premadonnas with Techtronic's and swapped engines anymore. I want early 2000 to come back. somebody build me a deloriane I rather race my ghost on a track upstate and try to beat my own high score man. Enjoy your used car lot find I think mine will be joining the pile soon for the LS swap my cousing keeps telling me about.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So yeah Ford gives us 5 years but financing takes 7 years to pay off. With that being said especially when you only have 27000 miles on the OD and still about a year left of payments to complete why the hell would I ever pay a penny to repair a car that I am still on the hook to pay off. Ford needs to really rethink warranty and line it up with finance cause I pay Ford Credit directly for the car and well if they don't work with me they can take the car back which of course is a win for them. But the way I see it why bother taking back more junk when your already trying to get rid of cars from the lot and start selling out your next model year on a clearance. I mean come on now this is exactly the kind of thinking that has our planet screaming for us to stop. Has anyone noticed that Texas is freezing, Japan is sinking into the ocean along with Puerto Rico and the planet is actually trying to kill us all with CoVid. We need automakers to get us in the car and keep us in the car and create new financing options that better assist those of us that want to keep the dang car instead of ways to take the car away from Americans that are already scrapping for pennies every hour of labor that passes by. We know Ford doesn't pay the mechanics $95 dollars and hour to work on our cars so lets really squeeze them for help. I mean they beg the government for relief every chance they get but when do we get to beg for an out of warranty fix on a car that puts money back in the governments hands when we pass or fail inspection or register the car every two years or get ****ty mileage and dump gallons of gas back into the car. How about the tickets we pay when we speed or park on the wrong side of the road, tolls etc. They are bleeding us dry and telling us hey your warranty is up. F that, tell that to the guys in asia that are buy up all the ecoboost mustangs not the Americans building them and trying to stay American when it comes to purchasing a car. Why is my Toyota cheaper to buy new and cheaper to keep and fill with gas. Why does it have a longer logical warranty period, and why aren't they asking for government bail outs. We need to really start squeezing our dealerships and putting our foot down warranty or not. Blue book on 2015 stang is $17000 I paid $37000 5 years ago at the dealer they got there money worth and some when your the original title holder and driver you need to realize you took the hit and the kick in the nuts when you bought it new so that some other cheapskate can buy your baby from some corner store used car lot for 15000 and say hahahahaha I got a mustang with 27000 miles on it now im going to crash it into a wall and modify the hell out of it so when I drive by it sounds like gunshots and piss off the neighbors while im at it. Sorry for the rant but man is our Auto industry in bad shape. But damn do I like a nice vintagish retro Mustang. I am not a fan of Tesla at all electrification is alright but where are all the damn solar panels man I mean the Gas turbines are working overtime now hope acid rain isn't in the forecast this summer thanks to all the damn charging ports we need to run to get these poor mileage electric cars to move 300 feet. I mean damn FORD its called H2 why don't you just build a mustang that runs on hydrogen instead of following the foot steps of the dystopian warlord elon musk who probably has an ED209 in front of his house defending his cybertruck. I mean god the guy thinks CYBERPUNK2077 is a great game. People I play the game and love the game but its a scary future and one that ELON Musk will be propelling us into in lets see when is the next 300 Satellites set to be launched into space by Space X. I will see you guys in the future and its not looking bright but it sure is bright with the top down and the gears up. PEACE in the MIDDLE EAST!!!!!!
Wow, what a rant. Those are certainly all words.

·
Super Moderator
6,265 Posts
The topic of our engines blowing has been beaten like a dead horse in forums, but I want to find out what your course of action will be if your engine was to blow tommorow out of warranty. Many people in the car community say the 2.3 in a mustang is a lost cause, and would just get a GT. Would you get an entirely new car, or purchase a new engine with built internals that may be more reliable than the first? I want to keep my eco for as long as possible and lately I've been wondering what would be best to do if you have a catastrophic engine failure once warranty is up.
Doing it. Livernois.
I know there are higher power options out there (more cylinders, etc), but I like my ride. I love the handling, the balance, the feel, the grunt out of the corners on the track. I do not drag race so I don't need that kind of power.
This block will be bulletproof for my needs and the company is good and stands behind their builds.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
So yeah Ford gives us 5 years but financing takes 7 years to pay off. With that being said especially when you only have 27000 miles on the OD and still about a year left of payments to complete why the hell would I ever pay a penny to repair a car that I am still on the hook to pay off......
If you are financing a car purchase for 7 years you really need to rethink what you can afford and what you drive. Let's face it, buying a new car is never a sound financial decision, it's an emotional choice which clouds making an appropriate financial decision.

You have put yourself in a position that you are upside down on the loan and will be out to 6 years into the loan. Heaven forbid you get in an accident that totals the car the insurance company is not going to give you enough to pay the car off. This will put you in a position of still making payments with no car.

Ford has no obligation to make warranties match loan terms nor should they. That's up to you to assess the risk of making payments beyond the warranty. If the risk is to high then buy something else that costs less that you can fit the financing into the duration of the warranty.

Dave

·
Registered
993 Posts
If you are financing a car purchase for 7 years you really need to rethink what you can afford and what you drive. Let's face it, buying a new car is never a sound financial decision, it's an emotional choice which clouds making an appropriate financial decision.

You have put yourself in a position that you are upside down on the loan and will be out to 6 years into the loan. Heaven forbid you get in an accident that totals the car the insurance company is not going to give you enough to pay the car off. This will put you in a position of still making payments with no car.

Ford has no obligation to make warranties match loan terms nor should they. That's up to you to assess the risk of making payments beyond the warranty. If the risk is to high then buy something else that costs less that you can fit the financing into the duration of the warranty.

Dave
Bingo. I did take a 7 year loan on my new ranger, but because of one thing. 0% interest. Doesn't make sense to pay more out of pocket now when I'm paying strictly principal for the life of the loan. As the dollar inflates, the loan terms stay the same. I only did so because I plan on keeping the truck for the life of it and I'm maybe only putting on 7k miles a year max. In fact, I had no plans on buying a truck last year (was going to wait until at least this year), but I knew that 0% wasn't going to come back around.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Dave
Sports cars are always emotional decisions. Buying them used is a mistake cause you will never drive it with 100% confidence that the first owner didn't drive it to death weeks before giving it up. Sure Ford has no obligation to improve on said warranties during the loan period but I know that Ford Credit is owned directly by them meaning even the interest we pay is adding value to the companies positions. Blue Oval needs to compete better in the states to attract the audience of new car purchasers that are not loyal to the brand but to the value proposition afforded by the automaker. 2 year complimentary service, longer warranty terms, better mileage, Etc. I love my Mustang cause I love the car it has nothing to do with any of the mentioned statements but I want to invest someday into the company and not just its cars. Maybe I am talking from a different perspective but once you get older its not just about the car or the companies obligations anymore. Its about tomorrow a week from now, Years from now. When will Blue Oval evolve past just automaking into social improvement. As for making 7 year payments owning a car is always a risk payment or not that's what insurance is for and good driving habits. I have three vehicles in my home all street parked in a high volume area with many people moving around and driving and biking and going crazy. I have 11 total years with two of them far beyond warranties reach or even bluebook valuations. You want to know when a car is bullet proof keep it stock for a few decades and tell me if she still starts in the morning.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Bingo. I did take a 7 year loan on my new ranger, but because of one thing. 0% interest. Doesn't make sense to pay more out of pocket now when I'm paying strictly principal for the life of the loan. As the dollar inflates, the loan terms stay the same. I only did so because I plan on keeping the truck for the life of it and I'm maybe only putting on 7k miles a year max. In fact, I had no plans on buying a truck last year (was going to wait until at least this year), but I knew that 0% wasn't going to come back around.
If it's zero percent interest, I'd have no problem with 7, or even 8 years. Based on inflation, you're actually MAKING money. LOL.

·
Registered
993 Posts
If it's zero percent interest, I'd have no problem with 7, or even 8 years. Based on inflation, you're actually MAKING money. LOL.
My thoughts exactly. You always hear of people bragging about paying cash for vehicles and large purchases and I never understand why. If your interest charge is low enough, or better yet 0, you're better off financing the purchase and investing your cash.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
My thoughts exactly. You always hear of people bragging about paying cash for vehicles and large purchases and I never understand why. If your interest charge is low enough, or better yet 0, you're better off financing the purchase and investing your cash.
I think my only caveat would be that you have to be sure that you're going to hold onto the car for a while, unless its a car make/model that REALLY holds its value. Because otherwise, its just going to take longer to get to a break-even point if you're wanting to get it out of it earlier than expected.

I got my Eco on a 66 month finance at 1.9%. I normally don't like going over 5 years on a new car finance, but at 1.9%, I was cool with it. Plus I was fairly certain I wanted it for while. Hence my diligence on this site! Did you get the zero from your own bank?

·
Registered
49 Posts
YES,

When I bought my mustang in 2015 I got the ford year End Clearance price and 0% interested just had to look at the available models they had in the extend lot on the ford site. I also didn't see the need to put any money down or pay anything but the loan principal over 7 years just made more sense. The car is valued above what I still owe on her so I guess that means its a win so far. Ford has even complemented me with out of warranty repairs and have proven the value in the cars for me personally. I love Mustangs and I love 310HP turbo engine convertibles they are exhilarating. The ecoboost is 2400CC powerplant and its safer than a hyabusa even with the top down.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Got my stang on 0% i had no problem taking a 7 year on it either as i plan to keep this car until i get so old i can no longer drive a stick. Plus the money saved that im putting into my investment HSA is worth it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I think my only caveat would be that you have to be sure that you're going to hold onto the car for a while, unless its a car make/model that REALLY holds its value. Because otherwise, its just going to take longer to get to a break-even point if you're wanting to get it out of it earlier than expected.

I got my Eco on a 66 month finance at 1.9%. I normally don't like going over 5 years on a new car finance, but at 1.9%, I was cool with it. Plus I was fairly certain I wanted it for while. Hence my diligence on this site! Did you get the zero from your own bank?
Yes, I forgot to mention it. If you're upside down when you trade in, that's not gonna be good either. 1.9 is a very good rate. I plan on keeping my truck and my mustang for quite a while so that's where my thinking was coming from. I got 0% right from ford on a new 19 leftover ranger. I wasn't in the market. I was actually taking advantage of low rates from my credit union to buy out my mustang lease at the time. I asked the dealer what was up with the new rangers. I had 3 days until the incentive ran out. When home talked it over with the Mrs. and bought it over the phone ha. Signed everything online electronically (covid) and spent less than 30 mins at the dealer a couple days later. Went to pick it up and my dad gladly drove my new truck home for me ha.

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Yes, I forgot to mention it. If you're upside down when you trade in, that's not gonna be good either. 1.9 is a very good rate. I plan on keeping my truck and my mustang for quite a while so that's where my thinking was coming from. I got 0% right from ford on a new 19 leftover ranger. I wasn't in the market. I was actually taking advantage of low rates from my credit union to buy out my mustang lease at the time. I asked the dealer what was up with the new rangers. I had 3 days until the incentive ran out. When home talked it over with the Mrs. and bought it over the phone ha. Signed everything online electronically (covid) and spent less than 30 mins at the dealer a couple days later. Went to pick it up and my dad gladly drove my new truck home for me ha.
Good credit has its rewards. This is one of them.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Personally I have a monthly payment limit of $400/ month and a term limit of 5 years. If trade-in and/or down payment does get me under those thresholds I get something else. I certainly can afford a lot more but being how bad a new car investment is I have set those limits for my self and I have been quite happy with them for my new car purchases over the past 45 years.

I also typically keep my vehicles for 7 to 10 years and put 100,000 to 300,000 miles.

Dave

·
Registered
95 Posts
Are we swapping engines here or talking auto loan re-fi? :) I've actually been thinking a lot lately about plan B. I'm on the fence at the moment and need to do a little more research on torque values and overall limits. I was first thinking a 2.0 block, forged internals and a bigger turbo. But why not go up instead of down? A salvaged 3.7L can be had for about 1k. Rebuild with the right internals and bigger turbo. Personally I think the fit of the 2.0 block is better. That V6 with a turbo shoehorned in there is a tight fit indeed. Im also curious as to how much our factory transmission can handle. At what point does the southern end of the drivetrain become the weak link?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Are we swapping engines here or talking auto loan re-fi? :) I've actually been thinking a lot lately about plan B. I'm on the fence at the moment and need to do a little more research on torque values and overall limits. I was first thinking a 2.0 block, forged internals and a bigger turbo. But why not go up instead of down? A salvaged 3.7L can be had for about 1k. Rebuild with the right internals and bigger turbo. Personally I think the fit of the 2.0 block is better. That V6 with a turbo shoehorned in there is a tight fit indeed. Im also curious as to how much our factory transmission can handle. At what point does the southern end of the drivetrain become the weak link?
The 2.0l is pretty much a direct swap once stroked to a 2.3l. Mounts deck height and ecu will all be compatible. Dropping in a 3.7l will change all that and be much more difficult of a swap. I think the 3.7l would be able to be a power house. But tbh if i was going that route i would just grab a salvaged voodoo motor and swap it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Personally I have a monthly payment limit of $400/ month and a term limit of 5 years. If trade-in and/or down payment does get me under those thresholds I get something else. I certainly can afford a lot more but being how bad a new car investment is I have set those limits for my self and I have been quite happy with them for my new car purchases over the past 45 years.

I also typically keep my vehicles for 7 to 10 years and put 100,000 to 300,000 miles.

Dave
$400 a month was a lot of money 45 years ago!:oops: Pretty wise! I just couldn’t resist.😀

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
$400 a month was a lot of money 45 years ago!:oops: Pretty wise! I just couldn’t resist.
should have been more clear. My first new car was a 74 AMC Hornet X purchased in September of 73. Cost $28xx, took out a 2 year loan and paid it off in 18 months. Pretty basic two door hatchback car. Only options were the larger 258 6cyl and X package (stripes and Ralley wheels). My ex-wife took it when we got divorced in 84.

Dave

41 - 60 of 66 Posts