Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT (Race Red / Ebony)
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently went to a shop where they would take care of me when it came to fitment, all I requested was 20" rims, a staggered setup, and Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs. They have done great work on many family friends cars so I entrusted them when it came to the details of the fitment.

Upon receiving my car I was severely confused as to the actual look of the car.

What fitment do you guys run on your EB when you get the Eibach pro-kit springs on 20s?

My shop got me on 245/35/20 up front and 275/30/20 on the rear. I personally feel like there is too much gap, it feels like there aren't even springs on the car, and I believe the tires are also not wide enough for the rim and I am getting a stretched look (which I don't hate but I feel doesn't help with the gap either).

Should I switch to Sportlines for a deeper drop, or increase the tire size from 30/35 closer to like 40s or in that range? Or possibly even a mix of both?

I feel like to compensate for this gap, the fender needs to meet the tire, or the reverse, or a mix of both. Which I'm confused as to why I'm having this issue in the first place if I went from stock height on 17s to a lowered setup on 20s. I could not imagine having this large of a gap (that to me feels like just stock gap) [forgive me if I'm exaggerating]
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Cloud Sky Wheel Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What tire sizes do you guys run on your EB when you get the Eibach pro-kit springs on 20s?

My shop got me on 245/35/20 up front and 275/30/20 on the rear. I personally feel like there is too much gap, it feels like there aren't even springs on the car, and I believe the tires are also not wide enough for the rim and I am getting a stretched look (which I don't hate but I feel doesn't help with the gap either).

Should I switch to Sportlines for a deeper drop, or increase the tire size from 30/35 closer to like 40s or in that range? Or possibly even a mix of both?

I feel like to compensate for this gap, the fender needs to meet the tire, or the reverse, or a mix of both. Which I'm confused as to why I'm having this issue in the first place if I went from stock height on 17s to a lowered setup on 20s. I could not imagine having this large of a gap (that to me feels like just stock gap) [forgive me if I'm exaggerating]

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Cloud Sky Wheel Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Recently went to a shop where they would take care of me when it came to fitment, all I requested was 20" rims, a staggered setup, and Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs. They have done great work on many family friends cars so I entrusted them when it came to the details of the fitment.

Upon receiving my car I was severely confused as to the actual look of the car.

What fitment do you guys run on your EB when you get the Eibach pro-kit springs on 20s?

View attachment 42506
View attachment 42507
View attachment 42505
I have the same problem. My new wheels and tires measure 26" in height and I don't like the look. Lowering springs did help, but just a little... Seems like our wheel wells need about 28" inches of height to fill them up!?

Reactions: pu5ha.s550

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'll be going 255/35 on the front and 285/35 on the rear and just give the springs more time to settle before I judge. On a side note, definitely going to get some spacers for the fronts as well (offset was a bit... off)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same problem. My new wheels and tires measure 26" in height and I don't like the look. Lowering springs did help, but just a little... Seems like our wheel wells need about 28" inches of height to fill them up!?
I think I'll be going 255/35 (+10/+0) on the front and 285/35 (+10/+5) [shop advised me against going 295 lol] on the rear and just give the springs more time to settle before I judge. On a side note, definitely going to get some spacers for the fronts as well (offset was a bit... off). I'll update on how the new tires look when fitted

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Pollinator Product Insect Arthropod Butterfly

Check out Wallace Racing. They have a free tire sizing calculator!

Reactions: pu5ha.s550

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 42512
Check out Wallace Racing. They have a free tire sizing calculator!
Ok according to that this is what the height I got was and what I'm switching it to, I'll follow up with pictures once they're switched

26.75" in the front to 27.03"
26.50" in the rear to 27.85"

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think I'll be going 255/35 on the front and 285/35 on the rear and just give the springs more time to settle before I judge. On a side note, definitely going to get some spacers for the fronts as well (offset was a bit... off)
What wheels do you have? For reference, LMR sells wheel/tire packages that are known to work well. Check the sizes used here. You seem to be on the right track. The 275/30 seems to be too small of a diameter to me.

·
Registered
2018 ecoboost convertible premium
177 Posts
I had H&R Super Sport Springs on my ECO with 20" wheels. They say 1.75" drop but it dropped more once they settled. I felt 1" drop wasn't enough. I also installed BMR camber bolts to get it aligned properly. I didn't have to get camber plates. This gave me the right stance that I was looking for without coilovers.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
3,836 Posts
There are two aspects of this puzzle that you haven't given us.
1. While you chose 20" wheels and asked for staggered, you don't tell us what that stagger is. are they 9 and 10 wide? are they 10 and 11 wide? This matters more than you think.
2. What are the offset of those wheels? It really looks like they could have been pushed out in the wheel wells a bit more than they are. While you can address that with spacers, it's better done with the offset of the wheels themselves.

Since you put black wheels into dark wheel wells, we can't really see in the photos what I think you're trying to convey, the gap from the tire to the fender, but you did give us are some tire sizes. I think you're on the right track with the second set of tire sizes. As previously pointed out, LMR.com and AmericanMuscle.com put together some tire and wheel packages that work really well on Mustangs, and even if you're not going to go with their selections, you can use their information when looking for wheels and tires for your car.

Personally I feel like s 20" wheel doesn't give enough sidewall to the tire for our cars, but that's just preference. I went with 285/35R19 square and the Eibach pro-kit springs. It's been like this for a few years now...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are two aspects of this puzzle that you haven't given us.
1. While you chose 20" wheels and asked for staggered, you don't tell us what that stagger is. are they 9 and 10 wide? are they 10 and 11 wide? This matters more than you think.
2. What are the offset of those wheels? It really looks like they could have been pushed out in the wheel wells a bit more than they are. While you can address that with spacers, it's better done with the offset of the wheels themselves.

Since you put black wheels into dark wheel wells, we can't really see in the photos what I think you're trying to convey, the gap from the tire to the fender, but you did give us are some tire sizes. I think you're on the right track with the second set of tire sizes. As previously pointed out, LMR.com and AmericanMuscle.com put together some tire and wheel packages that work really well on Mustangs, and even if you're not going to go with their selections, you can use their information when looking for wheels and tires for your car.

Personally I feel like s 20" wheel doesn't give enough sidewall to the tire for our cars, but that's just preference. I went with 285/35R19 square and the Eibach pro-kit springs. It's been like this for a few years now...

1) I absolutely agree, the only reason I left that out was due to what I started the post with, I entrusted the shop with the details so I honestly have no clue. I’m at the shop right now and just got this info from them.
2)I agree this is also crucial and figment should be addressed primarily through offset instead of spacers, however changing offset would be reordering new rims and with the amount of time I’ve already spent at this shop I think I’ll just accept the few mm difference for now.

yea I realized the photos weren’t the best which is why I tried to post multiple (I’ll post a new one with good lighting with the new setup). All-in-all I feel what I’m looking for is a more aggressive drop to dial in the fitment, but first let’s see what the new tires look like and I’ll decide from there. In a perfect world, I would run air suspension but… $$$$

the owner wasn’t 100% on the offset but he gave me these numbers
F20 x 9 +38 - 255/35/20
R20 x 10.5 +42 - 285/35/20

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1) I absolutely agree, the only reason I left that out was due to what I started the post with, I entrusted the shop with the details so I honestly have no clue. I’m at the shop right now and just got this info from them.
2)I agree this is also crucial and figment should be addressed primarily through offset instead of spacers, however changing offset would be reordering new rims and with the amount of time I’ve already spent at this shop I think I’ll just accept the few mm difference for now.

yea I realized the photos weren’t the best which is why I tried to post multiple (I’ll post a new one with good lighting with the new setup). All-in-all I feel what I’m looking for is a more aggressive drop to dial in the fitment, but first let’s see what the new tires look like and I’ll decide from there. In a perfect world, I would run air suspension but… $$$$

the owner wasn’t 100% on the offset but he gave me these numbers
F20 x 9 +38 - 255/35/20
R20 x 10.5 +42 - 285/35/20
NEW FITMENT ALERT
I think I'll definitely be getting spacers in the front so I can have a flush look and bring it out more from the shadows lol

Super happy with the rears

For the future I may switch the front wheels to a more aggressive offset and switch to more aggressive springs or coilovers so I can dial in the ride height right where I like it

Numbers are 20x9 (+38) 255/35R20 up front [don't quote me on the offset]
And then 20x10.5 (+42) 285/35R20 in the rear [again, don't quote me lol]

Will probably measure the offset myself or do some research online so I can be certain about the rim sizing since the shop wasn't 100% sure. (the brand and model of the rim is popular one they use at the shop, at the time of ordering mine they actually ordered the same rim but in multiple sizes for different clients which is why they were unsure which one I received when I asked)
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Car

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle
Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

1 - 13 of 13 Posts