Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what the underside of my 2017 ecoboost looks like, where do I place the floor jack? I want to lift it from the front, im only lifting the front and im not sure where I should place the jack..

·
Administrator
3,920 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is what the underside of my 2017 ecoboost looks like, where do I place the floor jack? I want to lift it from the front, im only lifting the front and im not sure where I should place the jack..
I kept the BMR jacking rails off my '18 and put them on my '21. No need to worry about messing up factory pinch/jack points that way. Inexpensive for folks like me who do all their own maintenance and like to take wheels on/off the car seasonally for easier access to cleaning that gets missed over time. https://www.cjponyparts.com/bmr-jac...uqIPfHij6BPYxCZ7LsQm1Zg-ccJfe9doaAieSEALw_wcB

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I also have jacking rails to save the pinch welds and do my own work.

BD

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Obtain full length jacking rails for multiple reasons:
  • No guesswork on jack placement.
  • No more bent pinch welds.
  • Easily raise entire side of car at one time for jack stand placement front and rear.
  • Add extra rigidity to chassis. I noticed a difference in chassis flex working the car hard on variable surfaces especially.
  • Acts as a first point of contact if going over a large obstacle like speed bumps. Much better to repaint the jacking rails periodically rather than fixing damage to the chassis from direct impacts.
  • Looks cool when the car is on the lift and looking up from underneath. :LOL:
Kidding aside, more pros than cons (extra weight, money).

·
Administrator
3,920 Posts
Obtain full length jacking rails for multiple reasons:
  • No guesswork on jack placement.
  • No more bent pinch welds.
  • Easily raise entire side of car at one time for jack stand placement front and rear.
  • Add extra rigidity to chassis. I noticed a difference in chassis flex working the car hard on variable surfaces especially.
  • Acts as a first point of contact if going over a large obstacle like speed bumps. Much better to repaint the jacking rails periodically rather than fixing damage to the chassis from direct impacts.
  • Looks cool when the car is on the lift and looking up from underneath. :LOL:
Kidding aside, more pros than cons (extra weight, money).
Agreed on all of the above. I have full length jacking rails on mine. My driveway has a screwy entry and if I don't scrape on the way in I'll scrape on the way out. The last time it was on the lift I checked them out and though they're a little scraped up they're not as bad as I thought they would be, and the pinch welds were still pristine.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Agree on all the above as well.

BD

Reactions: KewlWinter
1 - 8 of 8 Posts