Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Base Premium HPP 6 Speed, Shadow Black
205 Posts
I have the 2020 shadow black, the HPP has a 52.5 mm turbo?
So is the nx2 an actual upgrade to this other then you can put 19psi waste gate on it?
Even though I had a black t-top 4 cyl 4 manual foxbody back in the 90s, black was not my first choice, but it's what I got at the time I seen a good price for it at carmax in texas and had it shipped to kansas, well worth it, I love it, I was specifically looking for a manual and HPP was second option.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Grille

Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Radio Vehicle audio

From what I read from others who've switched turbo in our cars, the NX2 would be an upgrade, but you'd also be in need of a fuel delivery system (if you go big) and tuning too. Have you considered doing an intermediate step and just giving a Cobb tuner at try first? I got mine on sale, so shipped cost with tax made it then normal price of $625. The OTS Stage 1 tune I'm running seems very comparable to the pro tunes that Unleashed Tuning put together for me on both my '17 Focus ST and my '18 GT (the 93 octane tunes at least, I also had ethanol tunes for both cars). You'd be surprised how much more torque you can squeeze out of even an HPP on stock turbo. Enough that traction starts become an issue down low. Enough that I'll be putting the Steeda IRS subframe braces that I took off my '18 before selling it on my '21 now. Food for thought...
I'll mention it again, I have Ryan's pro-tune for 91 & E30, my question is about the turbo because the hpp stock turbo is 52.5 mm and the nx2 is 52 mm, with only one other difference that I know of is that the nx2 can be equipped with a 19 psi wastegate, while the stock turbo can only go up to a 14 psi, if I am reading the nx2 specs wrong then please correct me.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Automotive tire Tire Wood Handwriting Font

Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Wish I knew enough about the Mustang Ecoboost platform to answer that for ya. Hopefully someone can come along, read this and do so. I notice you've put an ST badge on the rear deck lid of your Mustang. If your question was regarding the ST platform I'd be answer to answer it better. I did a Stage 3 FoST build with methanol right before I got back into Mustangs in March, 2018. Even though it doesn't answer you directly, I have a question for ya...did you ever own an ST also? And did you ever track it? I went to Ford Racing School after the purchase of my '17 (Grantsville, Utah). Had the trip booked before I bought my '18 GT which made me sell my FoST. But it was still a fun trip... Wondering if anyone else here has one of these also? Cheers!
View attachment 43788 View attachment 43789
No I've never owned an ST, it is just a joke with one of My buddies with a 2016 foST, I was thinking of putting an RS badge but I felt that it is missing something the RS has.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Screenshots with numbers for each below.
View attachment 43796

View attachment 43795
So $2k for 3 mm's more?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts