Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Mustang EcoBoost yesturday, came with 18" wheels and tires which I'm going to change to 19", what would be a good tire for smooth ride and just mostly cruising and good in rain if caught out, also good tread life, car will never see the track but would like some performance too, trying to stay in a budget if possible, but don't want junk either.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4S are the best summer tire you can put on a new Mustang and great in the wet, with long tread life as well.
Not cheap, but you will never look back.
It will transform your Mustang to another level in handling and grip.

·
Administrator
3,795 Posts
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 are a good budget summer tire.

Be aware, none of the summer performance tires we'll recommend have any sort of treadlife warranty associated with them.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I replaced the P Zero summer tires with General G-Max AS05 all season tires. I don't feel like I gave up anything to the P Zeros. They are smoother, quieter, better in the wet and don't turn into hockey pucks when the temps approach freezing.

Quite sure they are ultimately we not as good as the P Zeros on warm dry pavement but my car is a daily driver and I never push it hard enough to know. Also, I swap to winter tires for December thru March.

Dave

·
Registered
565 Posts
I went through 2 sets of PZERO in 30k miles and decided to go with a budget performance tire, the Falken Pro G5 Sport A/S. Going on 2 years and 14k miles with the Falken's and they are doing well. They are decent as a performance tire while maintaining good all season drivability. In South Carolina the winters are mild with an average temp of 50 and no driving in the snow. These would be among the cheapest performance A/S.

·
Registered
67 Posts
MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4S are the best summer tire you can put on a new Mustang and great in the wet, with long tread life as well.
Not cheap, but you will never look back.
It will transform your Mustang to another level in handling and grip.
Hallo @Go Further
I am needing new tyres as well
.. I think our weather in Cape Town is probably similar to what you experience... are you still happy with them?
Ditto, good quality tyres here are ridiculously expensive so I need to be 100% sure about what I get....
I will look at the cost of the one @zhent recommends as well..

Haseena

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Hallo @Go Further
I am needing new tyres as well
.. I think our weather in Cape Town is probably similar to what you experience... are you still happy with them?
Ditto, good quality tyres here are ridiculously expensive so I need to be 100% sure about what I get....
I will look at the cost of the one @zhent recommends as well..

Haseena
I have been very happy with them.
I just ticked over 60,000Kms in my EB, and have had them on since 30,000Kms.
Still some thread left, but due to replace them soon, with the new Pilot Sport 5, which has better tire technology again, as the 4's are now being phased out by Michelin.
Not cheap at AUD$2,000 a set down under, but as we all know... Your tires are your car's only connection to the road :)

Reactions: dochaseena
1 - 9 of 9 Posts