Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium , 50 Years edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I recently bought a 2015 Mustang ecoboost (50th Anniversary) and it already had a IWG75 installed in the car. Right now I have the check engine light on and diagnosis says "Overboost Condition", so because of the wastegate.

I was thinking about to add the burgertuning JB4 initially. Main advantage of having the JB4 installed was it left no traces for the company people to void the warranty right. But as of now (Oct 2020) I do not have a ford warranty on the car.

Should I stick with the JB4 or is there any better tuning option for the car?
If any one have a IWG75 installed, which all tuning are you using?
Will this resolve my "Check engine light" issue?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hey guys,
I recently bought a 2015 Mustang ecoboost (50th Anniversary) and it already had a IWG75 installed in the car. Right now I have the check engine light on and diagnosis says "Overboost Condition", so because of the wastegate.

I was thinking about to add the burgertuning JB4 initially. Main advantage of having the JB4 installed was it left no traces for the company people to void the warranty right. But as of now (Oct 2020) I do not have a ford warranty on the car.

Should I stick with the JB4 or is there any better tuning option for the car?
If any one have a IWG75 installed, which all tuning are you using?
Will this resolve my "Check engine light" issue?

Thank you.
I would get a custom tune from PDTUNING or Tune+. The overboost code is likely due to the fact that the car is running on stock wastegate tables with an upgrade spring pressure. If you are concerned about warranty issues then I'd put a facyltory size 7psi wastegate on the car and call it a day.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
You need to find out what spring pressure it has and whether or not you're running the stock tune. It's quite possible that it was flashed back to stock tune, in which case anything over the 7PSI spring, will cause an overboost code. The stock wastegate is rated at 'somewhere' between 5 psi and 7 psi. It's possible that even the 7 psi spring will cause an overboost code on the stock tune, as I believe I've read some forum accounts of that happening. I have the 7 psi, and it has worked nicely with my 'Ford Performance' tune. No codes. Anything more than 7 psi, and you will definitely need a custom tune for it.

2015-2020 Mustang Superchargers | AmericanMuscle

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium , 50 Years edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would get a custom tune from PDTUNING or Tune+. The overboost code is likely due to the fact that the car is running on stock wastegate tables with an upgrade spring pressure. If you are concerned about warranty issues then I'd put a facyltory size 7psi wastegate on the car and call it a day.
No, I am not concerned about the factory warranty anymore. Need to get the best tune and flasher to get the engine light off.
Tbh I am not sure if have the 10psi or 12psi wastegate in it (I bought it used).

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
No, I am not concerned about the factory warranty anymore. Need to get the best tune and flasher to get the engine light off.
Tbh I am not sure if have the 10psi or 12psi wastegate in it (I bought it used).
Check with Ryan from PDTUNING or Adam from Tune+. I wasn't sure what wastegate came with my NX2 turbo kit and Ryan figured it out in about 1-2 revisions. Usually the tuners have the boost pressure set to wastegate spring and that's how they figure out what wastegate spring you have.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I run the Turbosmart with a 10 lb. spring on a FBO Mustang, run a JB4 with no issues, run the 93 map and e30 map ,no codes, runs hard. Chould be the IWG is out of adjustment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you have the program to change maps? Even if you don’t (you should) Bluetooth through your phone ,change maps, read and delete cel’s , but first and foremost reset the preload on the Turbosmart..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts