Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Had my guy drop in new NGK Spark plugs, Mishimoto Intercooler+Charge pipes and Catch Can yesterday...
Today while idling(Car plenty warmed up from a 30 minute 60mph drive) I noticed that my car is producing a fair amount of white exhaust 'smoke'.

It is 55 degrees in NY right now and the exhaust doesn't seem to have a smell- and there's a fair bit of what seems like water/condensation around the tips. (It poured rain all day/night yesterday if that makes any difference)

Just wondering if I'm overthinking this- or if there's an issue that I should be getting looked at here.

Relevant Car Info:

2015 Ecoboost Mustang, 50th Anni Package-
MBRP Catback Exhaust w/ Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Intercooler + Mishimoto Intercooler Piping
Mishimoto Catchcan(Passenger)
Ngk-6510-spark-plugs(pre-gapped)

Appreciate any help. I can attach a video if necessary..

·
Super Moderator
6,434 Posts
There are MANY posts on this topic, give a search and see what is up. With a 2015, you'll need to make sure the TSB for the PCV has been done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are MANY posts on this topic, give a search and see what is up. With a 2015, you'll need to make sure the TSB for the PCV has been done.
Heya Squid,
Yeah I've already looked at all of them but none quite match as there was no smell to the smoke or anything of that nature.
I'm not sure if that's been done, I bought the care used with a little over 10k miles-

What specifically would need doing? I do have that catchcan installed.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Heya Squid,
Yeah I've already looked at all of them but none quite match as there was no smell to the smoke or anything of that nature.
I'm not sure if that's been done, I bought the care used with a little over 10k miles-

What specifically would need doing? I do have that catchcan installed.
Give this video a watch, maybe this is just condensation in cool weather.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Give this video a watch, maybe this is just condensation in cool weather.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Looks like the white smoke. I'm going to let it idle for awhile later and see if it happens again as I just went out for a quick start and it was fine. Might have to take it to the dealer I guess.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
That's interesting. You did a 'boost-side" (aka cleanside) catchcan solution. Didn't know Mishi made that one that cheated the CEL. Did the kit come with its OWN cable to clip into the sensor, or did you have to 'fab' it from the OEM cable? 'MOST' catchcans solutions are done on the other side, the vaccuumside (aka dirtyside). Don't know if it has anything to do with your problem, though, because if you are idling....you are using the vaccuum side PCV valve and NOT where your catchcan is setup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's interesting. You did a 'boost-side" (aka cleanside) catchcan solution. Didn't know Mishi made that one that cheated the CEL. Did the kit come with its OWN cable to clip into the sensor, or did you have to 'fab' it from the OEM cable? 'MOST' catchcans solutions are done on the other side, the vaccuumside (aka dirtyside). Don't know if it has anything to do with your problem, though, because if you are idling....you are using the vaccuum side PCV valve and NOT where your catchcan is setup.
Oh boy, I have no idea mate.
I gave this to my mechanic who I trust and love and he did this, I assumed it was correct.
I didn't do the research for it..
That said, is it and issue and should I pay to have it moved to the other side?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
at 55 degrees for sure most likely condensation. Billowing white smoke like a huge fog behind your vehicle (constant all the time, with a strong odor of anti-freeze) is more than likely a head-gasket. Blue'ish smoke that smells like a combination of oil, gas, and other nastiness is a bad turbo seal or pcv-valve.

See this thread for the latter mentioned above. Posts closer to the end include video clips: https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/seeing-smoke.16199/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
at 55 degrees for sure most likely condensation. Billowing white smoke like a huge fog behind your vehicle (constant all the time, with a strong odor of anti-freeze) is more than likely a head-gasket. Blue'ish smoke that smells like a combination of oil, gas, and other nastiness is a bad turbo seal or pcv-valve.

See this thread for the latter mentioned above. Posts closer to the end include video clips: https://www.mustangecoboost.net/threads/seeing-smoke.16199/
Thanks for the post, I read through it and I can't seem to tell if mine resembles that or not. I'll idle it later and see if it does it again, it didn't have a smell that I know of though.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Mine was a blue'ish stinky smoke.. It smelled just like the crap that was in my catch-can... a conglomerate of emissions, oil and gas.. all brewed into one toxic potion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts