Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought mine as a second/fun car to complement my 2006 Mazda6 that was nearing 200k. Made in the same plant, figured they could be brothers. I was living in SoCal, turning 30 and wanted something cool that I couldn't get elsewhere (living in Ohio and Michigan it would have been very impractical). I first wanted a Miata, but realizing when I had tacked on under 100k miles and leather/Bose sound it was gonna be around $20k. About that time the 2015s had been out and about and once I found out they had cooled seats and a much nicer interior than before I was looking intently. I also loved the new style even when it was a concept/preproduction car a year earlier. I ended up finding a CPO 2015 EB Premium PP with 1k miles for a hell of a deal. Ruby red with the PP black wheels and I was sold. Owning it I enjoy the rigidity of the chassis, and light tossability of it with the lighter engine. I also think the EB is in its best application here, power when you want it, but fuel economy when you're just cruising. I couldn't justify the GT's 10-15k higher prices at the time, and besides the V8 burble, nothing really missed. Funny thing is, I lived in an area where EVERYONE had Audi's Mercedes and BMWs and I had tons of people coming up to me asking about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had 7 convertibles two of which were Mustang GT's. When I retired, my wife told me I could buy anything I wanted, so long as it fit 2 full sized car seats!

So I purchased a 2016 Focus ST new. It was competitive in GS class Autocross and I fell in love with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine. I have only bought 3 automatic cars and hated every one.

So now foot problems have ended my clutch-love and I had to find an automatic I can live with.

I rented a Mustang Ecoboost convertible with the 10 speed for a trip, took some back roads and I fell in love with another Mustang convertible. It has more horsepower than either of my GT's verts (96, 03) even without the Performance Pack.

The final decision was when I was able to fit my 4 yr old grandson with his car seat into the passenger back seat. 10 minutes into our test drive he was screaming "FASTER"!

I got a great deal on an 19 Ecoboost Premium Convertible with all sorts of options. The best for me is the seat memory feature that moves the seat back so I can get in and out with my gimp foot.

Tomorrow my grandson and I go looking for car seats small enough to fit behind my driver's seat!

81 - 82 of 82 Posts