Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Follow my Instagram @ jt.s550
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I literally have had this on for less than a week. I’m running the JLT 3.0 but I’ve seen similar results with ppl running the Mishi products. theres alot of back and forth about purchasing a catch can and i was skeptical for a bit but i cant argue with a real world result and not just some made up bs.
Get one as soon as you possibly can. Especially if you’re running a tune or getting low quality gas. You dont want this on your intake valves & you dont want this contributing to the potential for Ecoboom.

Oil Drinkware Fluid Liquid Amber

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,010 Posts
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Sports equipment Motor vehicle

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

I've had one on for over a month now. Bone dry. I was expecting something but no not a drop

Reactions: Mustang_Corps

·
Registered
359 Posts
I’ve seen several of these examples of a lot, some and no catch can accumulation, I wonder why the difference ?

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,010 Posts
I’ve seen several of these examples of a lot, some and no catch can accumulation, I wonder why the difference ?
Only thing I can think of is maybe RHD vs LHD, atmospheric conditions and grade of fuel and oils used?

Reactions: Park

·
Registered
953 Posts
I think there is a significant variation on the amount collected because the variables are so great. Fuel, oil choice, ambient temperature, climate, driving style, length of typical drive, age of vehicle (some cars are now 5-6 years old after all) all play a part in what your crankcase gases will be composed of and therefore what you collect in the can will vary just as much.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Cars driven in snow conditions, cold climates and for short trips will cause greater condensation.
Most of what you collect in these cans is condensation moisture not oil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts