Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3T/6A with aftermarket PP.
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in an area that receives some snow in the winter, I have Toyo Celsius all weather/snow tires on my '15 ecoboost stang. I'm not worried about traction in ,local snow conditions, but I will have to travel across the mountains on passes to California that sometimes have chain restrictions (unless you have 4WD and snow rated tires) and I'm wondering, do any of you mustang owners have experience with chains and other chain-related traction control devices, and if so, what are your preferences? I read that California allows you to legally use textile based chains like snow socks, any thoughts on those? I have 19 inch low profile tires, which I know are common on the S550 mustangs. If this is posted in the wrong section, let me know

·
Registered
570 Posts
I live in an area that receives some snow in the winter, I have Toyo Celsius all weather/snow tires on my '15 ecoboost stang. I'm not worried about traction in ,local snow conditions, but I will have to travel across the mountains on passes to California that sometimes have chain restrictions (unless you have 4WD and snow rated tires) and I'm wondering, do any of you mustang owners have experience with chains and other chain-related traction control devices, and if so, what are your preferences? I read that California allows you to legally use textile based chains like snow socks, any thoughts on those? I have 19 inch low profile tires, which I know are common on the S550 mustangs. If this is posted in the wrong section, let me know
If the area you‘re traveling through is under chain restriction you’ll probably end up with some damage....... S550 are low to the ground, lower than what you’ll be going through more than likely, and the rock hard chunks falling from the wheel wells of other vehicles are a hazard. It may be better to rent a vehicle that’s more suitable, if that’s in the budget.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the area you‘re traveling through is under chain restriction you’ll probably end up with some damage....... S550 are low to the ground, lower than what you’ll be going through more than likely, and the rock hard chunks falling from the wheel wells of other vehicles are a hazard. It may be better to rent a vehicle that’s more suitable, if that’s in the budget.

I rented a 4X4 the last time I went through the pass, just to avoid chaining up, but I don't always want to spend that kind of money. I am thinking of getting the snow socks but I'm not sure, I love my mustang and honestly don't want to risk any damage driving through that nasty stuff.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts