Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Performance package Ecoboost 7 years owned babied often but in a sport car way. Or rather in a twin scroll turbo charged way. So after doing the brakes on my pony the rear has begun wobbling. The shop said the rotors are on the way out. With that being said that's brakes why would the rear wobble from that? Other that that all tires are balanced and pressure is equal. Is it the brakes rotors? Again stock just had Ford install a new clutch.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I had a rear sway under acceleration that was caused by loose bolts on the rear swing arm and a broken shock bolt.

Something must be loose back there so it should be taken apart and checked.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Are you running a square wheel set-up? If so, rotate front and rear wheels and see if the problem moves. Also, if you changed brake pads and didn't have the rotors turned or replace them, you could be dealing with a warped rotor. It could also be a coincidental problem not related to brakes, but to suspension or wheel bearing. I had a problem at one point where it felt like the rear would move in an unpredictable manner. I was all over the suspension trying to find the problem; no joy. Turned out to be a wheel hub bearing after it finally started making noise and got worse. Replaced and fixed the problem. Just saying, keep an open mind that it may not be related to the last thing you did on the car, though its always the best starting point.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you running a square wheel set-up? If so, rotate front and rear wheels and see if the problem moves. Also, if you changed brake pads and didn't have the rotors turned or replace them, you could be dealing with a warped rotor. It could also be a coincidental problem not related to brakes, but to suspension or wheel bearing. I had a problem at one point where it felt like the rear would move in an unpredictable manner. I was all over the suspension trying to find the problem; no joy. Turned out to be a wheel hub bearing after it finally started making noise and got worse. Replaced and fixed the problem. Just saying, keep an open mind that it may not be related to the last thing you did on the car, though its always the best starting point.
Excellent troubleshoot thanks. I have been playing it by ear as I don't often run at 145MPH as that is always a great way to lose your car and money. I did it a few times going up to Mass from NYC at 3AM in the morning and got hooked but no longer taking those kinds of commutes. The other night I was pushed to drive at 100MPH+ and got a little wobble but it was far less significant. I also had a few nights in the cool weather running her a little hard just warming her up to my sportier driving. Its funny but I think Mustangs like a little abuse just to warm the coils up and slide the ass around a little seems to fix her. When I was younger I had a 1998 and a 2000 that I joy drove for 2 years and the 2000 only died cause I started commuting and wasn't driving for joy anymore. I since purchased a Prius that I commute and do task work in but save my Mustang for the days I am in that spirt to corner and get into my drive. I don't use my Mustang daily so my other concern is why the HECK is this happening. I got 29,000 Miles on this 2015 Ford Mustang Performance pkg Convertible 6 banger. She should still have some meat on those rotors so I think I'm just going to squeeze those brakes and shave that rotor down the poor man way with those life time warranty Dura Last Brakes I put on her ass. Put those damn things to work I say. I will let you all know how that goes of course thanks for the follows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.