Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Mustang GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't care how broken this is. I need it for measurements to calculate the hydraulic piston area.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm replacing mine so as soon as that arrives and I get it installed I can send mine to you at shipping cost. Just ordered the kit so it will probably be a couple of weeks. Just replying in case you don't get something by then.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Be careful if contacting someone directly about a part wanted, or a part for sale. Especially if the person only joined the forum to make one post and has no history.

(I shouldn't need to say this.)

Reactions: MD18EcoStang

·
Registered
1987 Mustang GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zhent,

You don't need to. The ip address of the poster above is connected to two different e-mail addresses, which have different names embedded in them. Why in the world would I ever contact someone I don't know by text message? Rhetorical question.

·
Registered
1987 Mustang GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I do.

PM me with your Paypal address and how much money you want, including shipping and I'll send it to you. The bearing assembly should fit inside a medium sized USPS flat rate box which is $12.50 I believe. Once I get it apart, I'll document the piston area for others.

·
Registered
1987 Mustang GT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I got the bearing pulled apart this morning. Here are some dimensions and information on it.

MT82 throwout bearing from 2018 EcoBoost transmission
4R33-7A508-AA

Overall height from base to top of bearing face 4.065" 103.25mm
Compressed height 2.61" 66.29mm
Total throw 1.455" 36.96mm
Piston ID 1.418" 36.02mm
Piston OD 1.88" 47.75mm
Piston area 1.197"^2 772.04mm^2

M12-1.0 ISO bubble flare inlet
No return line for bleeding
Hole in bottom of bore for fluid inlet is NOT exactly at top when transmission is installed in car
Bearing is spring loaded

Later I'll take some exact angle measurements to see how far from the top that the fluid inlet hole is located. I think has Ford has designed this so that a small amount of air will stay trapped in the bearing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts