Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a strut tower brace that comes in yellow? I wouldn't mind adding one as my next mod, but really think it would help dress up the engine bay if it was yellow to match my car.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
6,149 Posts
Our shop had a tow bar brace powder coated -- it's about the same dimensions as a Strut Tower brace .. Cost was $45 .. the minimum the shop charges.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Just sand it back a little, prime it and spray paint it yourself with a few spray cans and top clear coat.... Job done in a couple of hours for $20.

That's what I did with mine... Had a black Steeda brace but wanted it silver.... Came up a real treat. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Like the way you got your engine cover painted what kind of paint you use high temp paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Like the way you got your engine cover painted what kind of paint you use high temp paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used Krylon from Walmart on mine and haven't had any issues over the last couple years.

Temps high enough to ruin the paint would also affect the plastic of the engine cover and insulation on the underside of the engine cover.

Plasti dip would likely not do well under the hood but your average general purpose spray paint should be fine on auxiliary bits so long as the surface is prepped.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Yes, high temperature paint. (Not really needed, but I had plenty left from another small project). :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
After you get all the oils off of the plastic.. use a good paint promoter adhesion spray ..then a flexible primer..I would recommend paint scratch their color codes and paint match is perfect..and have some of the best clear I have used out a can .
Screenshot_20190507-084241~2.png

1 - 12 of 12 Posts