Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

381 - 400 of 405 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
In keeping with my "daily driven" portion, I ordered custom leather interior today. Should be installed in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: JAKE

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
My Katzkin interior is finished.

I dropped it off at 8am, and got the call just before 3pm that it was ready for pickup.

The blue inserts and blue stitching are an extra cost, of course, but worth it I think.

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
I was sitting at work looking at aftermarket hoods, and realized that rather than spending money on a hood I would still need to have painted that I should instead spend money on being a better driver.

So I signed up for a Foundations of Road Racing School with Driveway Austin in April.

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
After spending most of the recent track day struggling to stay planted in my seat (damn leather!) I'm ordering up a driver's side harness...

Reactions: JAKE

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Today's upgrade... Diode Dynamics sequential LED front turn signals.

The driver's side front marker has been out for a long while, but because it's such a pain in the butt to get to and replace it I just kept putting it off.

I went with the tinted lenses, instead of the more stock looking clear, and I really like them.

Blinky blinky by Ted Schwartz, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
Overall the installation isn't too bad, and they did include instructions in the kit.

1. remove the under tray. This was probably the longest part of the install. I put the front of the car up on jack stands and did it laying on my back in the driveway.

2. Remove the fog light bezel. There are six 7mm hex head screws holding it in to the bumper. With the bezel out, you can remove the screws holding the turn signal assembly in place and swap in the new one.

3. put it back together.

4. Do the other side

5. Put the under tray back in.

Overall it took me about an hour and a half this morning. While it was out I cleaned up the fog light assemblies.

Reactions: ststang

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #392

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #393
With the world stopped for COVID all of my autocross events got cancelled. This left me with both time and money, that's ending up getting spent on the car.

I bought a box.

Reactions: ZStang

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
With the world stopped for COVID all of my autocross events got cancelled. This left me with both time and money, that's ending up getting spent on the car.

I bought a box.

Taillights! 😅

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #396

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
Nice! God i love the Euro tails, how much if you don't mind me asking?
$550.

I'll have a complete write up on it posted separately once I get them installed.

Reactions: TurboTigger604

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
So I did a couple of things...

I dropped the car off for an oil change (45,000 miles) and when I picked it up they said, your rear tires are shot, and one of them has a scew in it. They were at the wear bars and with this screw there was no way anyone was plugging it.

Then I've had an issue for a while with the chrome trim around the shifter. It's chromed plastic and has the usual issue with the chrome peeling. Since I'm out or warranty for anything like that I have to deal with it on my own. The cup holder trim was doing the same thing...

Looked like this:

Now it looks like this:

New trim from American Muscle....

Reactions: ZStang and Squid

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Oh, and the tires are now Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 in 285/35R19

Reactions: Squid and bidaci
381 - 400 of 405 Posts