Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

401 - 420 of 443 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
So far all I can say is that the fit is perfect on a 19x9.5 wheel. Hopefully Ill be doing some miles on them in the next couple of weeks and we'll see how they are. Initial impressions are favorable.

Reactions: Go Further

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·

Perfect flush fit on a 19x9.5 +35 wheel with the Firestones.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·
Love to hear your feedback on the Indy 500's
OK, having put 500 miles on them so far, I like the Indy 500s. They're quieter than either the Pirellis or Nittos and have really nice traction. Curves feel good at speed. I spent this afternoon hitting curves marked at 55 at 75...

Reactions: bidaci

·
Registered
2019 EB PP
66 Posts
A lot of the street crowd down here in FL swear by them as a daily. Good dry traction and can handle the rain too

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Oh, and the tires are now Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 in 285/35R19
The fire hawk indys are ridiculous for the price.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 ·
Reactions: bbodin

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #408 ·
At the end of August I had a check engine light come on. Code was P0420 - Catalyst System Effeciency Below Threshold. I just drove with it for a while. Gas mileage wasn't changed, drivability wasn't any different than normal, and I was just using the car as a commuter anyway, so I didn't mess with it for a couple of weeks. In Texas in order to renew registration my car has to pass a safety and emissions inspection.

Since nothing had changed on the car, I went through the usual checklist of issues that can cause this.

I swapped out the 2nd O2 sensor and reset the codes, but that didn't change anything, the light came right back on after a drive cycle. In talking to the guys in the shop, they came down to replacing the cat. Since it's already all over Ford's computer systems that my car is modified, I know that despite the longer warranty on emissions equipment they most likely won't cover replacement of the cat. The car is just at 48,000 miles.

So we added in a 90 degree elbow to the O2 sensor. After a drive cycle I can confirm that it passes emissions.

Reactions: Boosted5862

·
Registered
409 Posts
At the end of August I had a check engine light come on. Code was P0420 - Catalyst System Effeciency Below Threshold. I just drove with it for a while. Gas mileage wasn't changed, drivability wasn't any different than normal, and I was just using the car as a commuter anyway, so I didn't mess with it for a couple of weeks. In Texas in order to renew registration my car has to pass a safety and emissions inspection.

Since nothing had changed on the car, I went through the usual checklist of issues that can cause this.

I swapped out the 2nd O2 sensor and reset the codes, but that didn't change anything, the light came right back on after a drive cycle. In talking to the guys in the shop, they came down to replacing the cat. Since it's already all over Ford's computer systems that my car is modified, I know that despite the longer warranty on emissions equipment they most likely won't cover replacement of the cat. The car is just at 48,000 miles.

So we added in a 90 degree elbow to the O2 sensor. After a drive cycle I can confirm that it passes emissions.
Yikes! And that cat is EXPENSIVE. They had to replace the one on my car because the mounting bracket that was welded to it broke through and started rattling. Something like $1300 I think for the part alone. Luckily a warranty repair for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
Yeah, I was afraid the cat would be super expensive. The $18 elbow is the right price. I have a bunch of other expenses coming up this month, so didn't need that high dollar part cost added to it.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #411 ·
So Austin was hit with a hail storm last night. I was at work, where it looked like this just after it blew through.

It was still dark when I got in the car to drive home, but the sun was coming up and when I got home I was able to see the damage. Here's a sampling:

I made a claim for it online this morning before I went to bed. I'm still waiting to hear back on when they want to do the inspection.

·
Super Moderator
6,387 Posts
Oh crap.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·
they're "speed dimples"

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ugh - sorry this happened to your car. Hope it gets repaired quickly!

Reactions: zhent

·
Registered
670 Posts
So Austin was hit with a hail storm last night. I was at work, where it looked like this just after it blew through.

It was still dark when I got in the car to drive home, but the sun was coming up and when I got home I was able to see the damage. Here's a sampling:

I made a claim for it online this morning before I went to bed. I'm still waiting to hear back on when they want to do the inspection.
Oh sh!t... That really sucks. Just when you think you have a nice thing going life kicks you in the butt. Sorry man.

Reactions: zhent

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #416 ·
And I have an inspection appointment for the repair estimate on Wednesday the 31st. I'm hoping to be able to do paintless dent repair, but we'll see.

Reactions: MrScharfenberger

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
294 Posts
when i first read this i didn't even want to extend my sympathies so as to not further remind you. So disappointed for you.
they're "speed dimples"
there is a reason golf balls aren't smooth, get that to the wind tunnel for testing. if you set a lap record at your next autocross, guys will be smashing their hoods with hammers like something from a Palahniuk novel.
And I have an inspection appointment for the repair estimate on Wednesday the 31st. I'm hoping to be able to do paintless dent repair, but we'll see.
Fingers Crossed!

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
So the result of the damage estimate is...

$3987

I have an appointment to turn in my car for repair on Monday with a rental car provided by insurance. The whole thing will cost me my $500 deductible, but better than totaling the car as I've seen in other hail damage claims. I think my saving grace is that none of the glass has to be replaced.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #420 ·
The quote says PDR on everything. I don't see a dent count on this thing anywhere, though there are notes for 6 oversized dents on the hood, 5 oversized dents on the roof, and 2 oversized on the trunk.

401 - 420 of 443 Posts