Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

421 - 440 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
294 Posts
The quote says PDR on everything. I don't see a dent count on this thing anywhere, though there are notes for 6 oversized dents on the hood, 5 oversized dents on the roof, and 2 oversized on the trunk.
Busted, im not a claims expert. PDR and no glass damage. Alrighty, fingers crossed again on the workmanship.

·
Registered
670 Posts
So the result of the damage estimate is...

$3987

I have an appointment to turn in my car for repair on Monday with a rental car provided by insurance. The whole thing will cost me my $500 deductible, but better than totaling the car as I've seen in other hail damage claims. I think my saving grace is that none of the glass has to be replaced.
That's great! ...sucks you're out $500 though.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
I am really pissed off at the moment.

So I dropped my car off on Monday with a Cailber Collision shop for the hail damage repair. When I talked to the advisor who was assigned to my car he was friendly and understanding of a Mustang owner in regards to their car. He promised to provide regular updates as to what was happening to my car and if they needed to put in a supplemental claim for a hood replacement he would notify me as soon as possible. On Tuesday I got a call that my car had been moved to another Caliber Collision shop, and wouldn't be handled by the one local to me, the one with a Service Advisor that I trusted to keep me appraised of the situation. I received no other phone calls between then and now.

I called the shop that has my car this morning to find that they had just begun to work on it. After three and a half days with my car they finally ask me for a wheel lock key so that they can pull the wheels to get into the inner fenders. So I drove over there.

The Service Advisor assigned to my car didn't seem to take my concerns seriously nor was she willing to give me a promise of returning my car in a timely manner. When I complained and ann0unced that they just needed to give me my car back, she went to get the shop manager. He was also less than helpful and didn't seem to see my point that they had failed in their duty to me as a customer to keep me apprised of what was going on. Apparently they hadn't even started on the repairs until this morning. Again I demanded my car back, and advised him that not only that, but I would see to it that they were not paid for anything they had done to this point. He promised to put the car back together, since they have the nose and headlights out, and that I could get my car this afternoon, but that it wouldn't be done. I walked out on him.

When I got the the rental car, I called USAA to advise them of the current course of action.. Their representative put me on hold to call the body shop herself. I'm getting my dimpled car back this afternoon and not paying anything.

Now I'm in search of another shop to do the work, because I won't be going back there. I will be ordering a replacement hood myself and taking it in with me when I find another shop to get the repairs done. They can submit the supplemental claim to insurance, but I don't want my car to be sitting at some idiot's shop waiting for parts.

Reactions: Doc69

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
Since it's spring, and since the hood will be replaced anyway, I placed a couple of parts orders...

I'm going to make my car difficult for even Mustang die-hards to identify as an Eco..

·
Registered
18PP 10R80
294 Posts
Sweet ! seeing that estimate $$$, getting a new hood rather than repair seemed a logical decision on everyone's part" . as for the wing, you know im loving it. mine brings a smile to my face still, and that one you picked out is even better, sportier. Great Choices!

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
So I finally got a tracking number for my hood today. The spoiler has been sitting in my livingroom for almost a month. Hopefully I'll get the hood in next week, and finally get the repair/paint scheduled.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #431 ·
Man I wish I would have checked in sooner I have that spoiler sitting in my garage would have been glad to help you out.
LOL!

Car looks good, but you took the Performance Pack spoiler off?

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
No, I haven't. All I've done so far is get the weather worn carbon fiber spoiler off the back of my car.

Is yours actually lightning blue or would it need to be painted to match? I'm inclined to keep this one since it's painted already. I'm planning to mock it up on the car tomorrow...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Didn’t know if yours was color matched or needed painting. Getting mine painted would probably be as much as you paid for yours so no bargain there

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #437 ·
So a box arrived this morning, and this afternoon I "test fit" the new hood...

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
I drop it off in the morning at the body shop for the work.

An interesting side note, with the shortage of rental cars, even though I put in a request with my insurance company for the rental two weeks ago, there isn't one available for another two weeks. The only good thing there, is that my daughter's car has had a bunch of maintenance done lately, so it's in good shape for me to drive to work and back. Also good that our schedules are opposite each other, so she can plan to not need her car from 6pm to 7am since that's when I need it to go to work.

Reactions: gatornek

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
Ugh. It's been a week and I want my car back. :cry:

I have my dad's Lincoln MKZ until I get it back. It's like driving my couch.

421 - 440 of 443 Posts