Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
That appears to be an issue with improper installation, causing a potential fuel leak, not a sensor problem.
Yeah, I can read. It's still a recall on the sensor.....for whatever reason they may wanna give.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
There seems to be a lot of "inconsequential" evidence that points to a problem with the 'old' lfps and no problems with the 'new'. Like a sh!t ton. Occam's razor is a beautiful thing. I kinda live my life by it.

This is the last I'm saying on it. Don't know why I did so much digging to begin with. Mine is replaced. I am happy. Have a great morning everyone! ?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yeah, I can read. It's still a recall on the sensor.....for whatever reason they may wanna give.
At the risk of sounding troll-ish, you would be incorrect in that statement. In the subject TSB, it states that they would replace the fuel supply tube, so from that I would say it sounds like the problem was truly with the installation, either cross threading or something which damaged the threads in the line, and not the sensor, since they were not replacing the sensor as part of the TSB.

I agree, we have perhaps spent too much time on this and I'm sure that those who have replaced the sensor have their reasons and those who have not have theirs.

And that's all I have to say about that.
- Forrest Gump

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
At the risk of sounding troll-ish, you would be incorrect in that statement. In the subject TSB, it states that they would replace the fuel supply tube
Actually...it says "fuel suppy tube ASSEMBLY"....as in a group of parts, not just the tube.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hey ya'll I just want to thank all of our family for all this great info to keep our cars running great this is a great group .. all the info is invaluable to all of us that don't have the connections or data....thanks to all !!!!!! vince

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
And how do you know that? Did you cut one open? As i have been saying right along until some one disects one you just don't know what it is.

Dave
I've never cut open a CPU before, but I know their architecture like the back of my hand.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
That recall was for the sensor not being installed correctly resulting in a potential fuel leak and fire hazard. The fix is to replace the hose, nothing to do with the actual sensor.

Dave
The fix is to replace the assembly, but you're right Dave. You win. That TSB has NOTHING to do with the pressure sensor. In fact, the Fuel pressure sensor doesn't need to be changed like you say. (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I get the BA may be the same as the CA, but what I haven't seen is anyone complaining that the CA has failed.

I get the BA failure may be artificially high in this group as compared to the total number of sensors in the real world, but the CA has been in cars for (at least in this group) about 3 years. If they were the "same" shouldn't we see some CA failures? 2015 car put in a CA in 2016 when BA fails and now 3 years later CA is still going strong. Seems very coincidental.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great info here. Hey yes.. FYI... the old model was on my 2019 PP Eco.

View attachment 35821
Hello, thanks for posting a photo of the sensor. I bought a 2020 last month and just checked, my sensor looks exactly like the one in your photo and has the same part number. I’m not technical and I’m a little confused by all the detailed information – do you know if the sensor in your photo is the one known to be OK? I certainly don’t want to replace it if I have the modified part that supposedly corrects prior issues. Much appreciated!

61 - 72 of 72 Posts