Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
You have probably already done this, but check both hose connections, (at the block and at the throttle body). The OEM hose is almost an exact fit and you not have a perfect fit if had to stretch the hose to fit after adding the spacer.
*Why did you add the spacer? Is there a performance advantage, etc??

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I am having this same code issue. 2019 eco stang. I recently added a SR Performance throttle body spacer. Could that have something to do with code P04db????
Did you disconnect the driverside pcv hose in order to get more space to add the throttle body spacer? If so, doublecheck that you properly connected it back 'all the way'. Sometimes, it doesn't seat well. Make sure you get an audible 'click' when plugging it in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have probably already done this, but check both hose connections, (at the block and at the throttle body). The OEM hose is almost an exact fit and you not have a perfect fit if had to stretch the hose to fit after adding the spacer.
*Why did you add the spacer? Is there a performance advantage, etc??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I added the spacer because I am a nerd and cannot stop messing with car. So yes I think I need to recheck ever connection and sensor I undid when I put the spacer in. The weekend before spacer I put in new intercooler pipes. So checking all those connections too. I was pretty meticulous about everything but maybe something came lose. Thanks for getting back on this.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I added the spacer because I am a nerd and cannot stop messing with car. So yes I think I need to recheck ever connection and sensor I undid when I put the spacer in. The weekend before spacer I put in new intercooler pipes. So checking all those connections too. I was pretty meticulous about everything but maybe something came lose. Thanks for getting back on this.
The code is generally associated with the clean side hose. Since you were replacing charge pipes I would pay particular attention to where the clean side hose connects to the intake tube right before the turbo.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you disconnect the driverside pcv hose in order to get more space to add the throttle body spacer? If so, doublecheck that you properly connected it back 'all the way'. Sometimes, it doesn't seat well. Make sure you get an audible 'click' when plugging it in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I checked everything again and I must admit I had suspect connection before turbo. The hose clamp was slipping from rubber to metal. Maybe not enough muscle when putting that on. So codes cleared let’s see what happens. Thanks all.

·
Registered
621 Posts
LOL...I'm right there with you! I'm always doing/adding something.
I've heard about adding a spacer to the throttle body, but don't understand what they are for. Thought you might be adding meth or NOS...?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
LOL...I'm right there with you! I'm always doing/adding something.
I've heard about adding a spacer to the throttle body, but don't understand what they are for. Thought you might be adding meth or NOS...?
Not to poopoo what the OP was doing, but in all honesty, a spacer serves no purpose in this MAP tuned vehicle other than aesthetics. That is, unless, like you state...you want to add a separate bung for meth injection. But in all fairness, I too have a throttle body spacer. However, my reason adding it was because when I swapped out my stock charge pipes for the injen charge pipe kit, I found the cold side pipe just slightly short of where it should be and on the bleeding edge of the throttle body. So adding the spacer basically brought out the throttle body more and now the cold pipe sits much more flush.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I checked everything again and I must admit I had suspect connection before turbo. The hose clamp was slipping from rubber to metal. Maybe not enough muscle when putting that on. So codes cleared let’s see what happens. Thanks all.
No worries. This is a great website to "nerd out" like you say. We've seen just about every possible issue arise with the Ecoboost Mustang. A lot of knowledgeable folk here. Feel free to shoot your questions.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts